Motoseries

blue03636

I'm out for round 1 and probably round 2.  I guess 4 weeks isn't enough time to get suspension serviced.  Seems that it takes several weeks to get springs and week to get the cap extenders.  Oh well, guess I'll just have more time to get the new toy hauler prep'd.

I'm out for round 1 and probably round 2.  I guess 4 weeks isn't enough time to get suspension serviced.  Seems that it takes several weeks to get springs and week to get the cap extenders.  Oh well, guess I'll just have more time to get the new toy hauler prep'd.

That is some crap! WTF is the deal?

Either he's up to his eyeballs in suspension services and super busy and/or it will really take several weeks to get springs...Then put all the stuff together and send it back to me.

Don't know what to think but I'm not happy I'm going to miss 2 rounds, especially Putnam.  Oh well, after this service is done everything will be right and I'll just do the forks myself from now on and only send out the shock.

I thought I got my stuff in before the big rush but I'm guessing not now.

FWIW, from talking to a lot of shops last year when I was trying to get my suspension done they informed me that if you don't get stuff in by January, it's in their "busy" season.  They recommened I pull everything right after the season and send it in then.  That was Pegrams, AFJ Shop, Reuben, and Iron Pony. 

FWIW, from talking to a lot of shops last year when I was trying to get my suspension done they informed me that if you don't get stuff in by January, it's in their "busy" season.  They recommened I pull everything right after the season and send it in then.  That was Pegrams, AFJ Shop, Reuben, and Iron Pony. 

Yes but you are a quitter so it doesn't matter. :)

Honestly, I think I got lucky with the turnaround on mine.

Edited by blue03636

Still all seems quite a convenient excuse to me.  A knowledgeable suspension guy should be able to strip and service anything in a couple hours.  If that same guy could only manage to do 2 sets of forks a day, that's 10 sets of forks serviced in a week.  Do all of these guys have 100's of forks waiting to be worked on that all just showed up 2 weeks ago???

Meh....it doesn't matter.  Forks and shock will get done when parts arrive and he gets time to finish them.

You better start converting...........I got a bag of double-stuffed on it!!!!   My new motor not even in the frame yet till after the weekend dirt track race, with untested skunk crank

Will it be smoking because it running right or because it's blowing up between your legs??  :lol:

Dude, that's retarded.  Tell them to ship you your shit back so you can ride, and give you a date that they can actually do the work and you'll have them shipped back by that date.  I don't know, that shit wouldn't fly with me.  Unless you shipped the forks to them knowing they wouldn't get to it for a month... then it's your own damn fault.

:slap:

I sent them in fully expecting not to get them back until the end of the month which would be almost 4 full weeks, at worst case.  I did not get a time estimate as I thought that would be more than enough time.  So I guess it's my own fault??  Like I said, I'm not sure how things like this always seems to be so slow to turn around.  It's not like I send my stuff off to some major corporate suspension manufacturing and service center for the entire east coast.  I'm not happy but I all I can do is well....not be happy about the time.

that's why I stick with the well known more local people that will, A: get your stuff done quickly, and B: be around for support at the track.  Mark Junge with MCJ Motorsports will be doing my suspension.  Nothing like one of the best all around guys who will stop what he's doing and pull your fork apart because "it doens't feel right", find the problem, put it all back together and not ask for a dime.  Mark is located in Ashland, provides at the track service, and has more knowledge, experience, and equipment than pretty much anyone.