2000 Suzuki Katana 750

Ryan_c_F

Hey, all,

My dad has decided he's sick of me riding beaters, so I've decided to get rid of my Katana.

ofSEo.jpg

4ELyQ.jpg

It's a 2000 Katana 750, about 31k on the clock. This bike will need some work before it's rideable.

The bike is fitted with a full Yoshimura exhaust (headers back), is jetted and tuned, and has an aftermarket rear seat cowl and taillight. Everything else to the best of my knowledge is stock.

Recent maintenance (as of April, by Dave Brodowski in Eastlake) included a new front sprocket, a chain adjustment, new Dunlop RoadSmart up front, brake pads and fluids. Pauly had it last fall and might remember if there was anything going on; feel free to chime in honestly if you can remember the general state of the top end, sir.

The primary issues are as follows:

Lost power on the last ride of the season while passing a truck -- I believe the throttle cable snapped. The bike stayed running and idled smoothly, but had 0 throttle response.

Headlight/left front turn signal does not work... either a loose connection or a frayed wire behind the left fairing. All other electrics work, and the bike holds a charge but has been sitting for 2 months now.

The bike has been down several times on both sides, so cosmetically it's a shit-show. The exhaust can is (fortunately) unmarred. Tank is clean on the inside but has a gnarly dent in the left corner by the rider's knee, right where the fairing ends.

The most recent drop (kickstand collapsed due to a hard wind gust that rocked the bike forward while parked) claimed the clutch lever (bent outwards) and the left peg . Shifter is bent but the bike still shifts through gears.

There's also an extra set of carbs that goes with this bike -- they came in a box with extra parts that I received when I purchased this Kat -- I'm assuming that they're stock 750s but I couldn't tell you.

More photos on request.

I'd like to get $500 for it.

Or pull my nighthawk thread, and I know someone else was considering it to fix and flip. This one would be even easier.

Timing is everything. I'd prefer the katana to the nighthawk, but I can't be too mad about the nighthawk.

Or pull my nighthawk thread, and I know someone else was considering it to fix and flip. This one would be even easier.

Timing is everything. I'd prefer the katana to the nighthawk, but I can't be too mad about the nighthawk.

I think it was bad who mentioned that

Kats are good bikes and easy to work on. The motors are stupid easy to rebuild.

It's got the added benefit that any GSX-R oil-cooled engine will drop in, anything from the Bandit 600 all the way up to the GSX-R1100 and the Bandit 1200 engine.

Hmm. I've got a buddy going through a divorce that could use a cheap pair of wheels. And since I've got an '06... How quick are you looking to move it? It would be a 5+ hour trip for me to even look at it, but I do work in Cleveland from time to time.

Oh, and more pictures please????