Midohio

rusty

What is really going to suck is when you pass me on your 300.   :(

Then I remembered I'll be in the beginners group so you won't have the opportunity to pass me.  So, nevermind...

note - I tried to edit my previous post, I don't have permission.

Debating on whether I should do Novice just cuz it'll be my first time at Mid-O.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you fast enough you can be bump up during the day.you guys can be in same group,see me in the morning so I know who you are,and I be your instructor.

• Upvote 2

Debating on whether I should do Novice just cuz it'll be my first time at Mid-O.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's likely the safer bet. Not sure how they run their trackday groups, but STT broke down their novice groups into fast, medium, and noob subgroups....so they may follow the same guideline/critique to allow the more experienced novice riders better options? I've not had any experience outside of STT though

They do sort you into groups. But it is by your own estimate of where you should be or want to be. I put myself in the middle, but could have been in the "bump me up" group. The nice thing is that it's a fairly long circuit, so even if you are in the faster group, there is not a ton of passing until later in the day.

Jeff, you planning on the 18th or sooner?  If it isn't going to be your first trackday of the season, I'd think you would be fine in I.  In any case the first session or two are normally pretty slow as everyone feels out the track.  

Jeff, you planning on the 18th or sooner?  If it isn't going to be your first trackday of the season, I'd think you would be fine in I.  In any case the first session or two are normally pretty slow as everyone feels out the track.  

I plan on several days before this.

Maybe pickup a session with somebody to show me the lines and braking points,I'll sign up for "I"

I plan on several days before this.

Maybe pickup a session with somebody to show me the lines and braking points,I'll sign up for "I"

I should be able to help you out when you come out. Plenty of little tips and tricks that make learning the line much easier at mid-o.  Now going "fast" is a whole 'nother conversation lol

I wanna play!  I wanna play!  Monger led me around the last time I was there but it was like the last session of the day and it really helped.  I was like, "Where the F were you earlier in the day!"

But I'll take any instruction I can get.

Sounds like the 18th is going to be a darn good time! Everyone should be up to speed by then, gorgeous weather, and the racing comin to town. I can also help with suspension/tire stuff between instructing.

I'm assuming everyone is talking about July 18th? If so I will need to start making some plans and see who wants to join me.

I should be able to help you out when you come out. Plenty of little tips and tricks that make learning the line much easier at mid-o. Now going "fast" is a whole 'nother conversation lol

I'll be glad to follow you around for some tips for sure !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a way to get there with the bike without leaving at 4 to get there to prep the bike when I get there I would. I don't have a truck right now to haul it up. How much prep is there to get a street bike ready for the track?

Novice group bike prep is simple.   So long as the bike's not leaking anything, plastics are all intact, brakes/tires/chain/sprockets are all in good shape, tape all the turn/head/tail lamps, pull the mirrors ( preferrably, but taping the glass will suffice ) remove the license plate ( preferrably, but taping the bolts will suffice ) and duct tape your wheel weights.   That's pretty much it, aside from your riding gear -- novice class is lenient.  Hop on their website and check out the requirements. 

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding'>http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding

Edited by Hellmutt

Novice group bike prep is simple.   So long as the bike's not leaking anything, plastics are all intact, brakes/tires/chain/sprockets are all in good shape, tape all the turn/head/tail lamps, pull the mirrors ( preferrably, but taping the glass will suffice ) remove the license plate ( preferrably, but taping the bolts will suffice ) and duct tape your wheel weights.   That's pretty much it, aside from your riding gear -- novice class is lenient.  Hop on their website and check out the requirements. 

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding

Do they sell gas the 12 gets thirsty