2014 VFR800 and CBR650R are coming to the us

Tpoppa

I'm not surprised with the VFR but I am a little surprised on the 650R but glad to see both for sure!

There is a lot to like about the new VFR if you're not a current 6th gen owner. Then there is just a little :lol:

Also new on the site is the new CB1100 with a new DLX version. My two favorite Hondas, though I'll most likely keep the sixth gen VFR. The standard, old style CB is a good fit for me now, even if it is a little heavy.

I know I am overlooking 15 years of suspension, chassis, brake, and fuel injection development, but the power & weight stats on the CBR650 look oddly familiar ...because they are virtually identical to the katana 750

CBR is 86hp and 465lbs.

Kat 750 is 92hp and 465lbs.

Both make peak power at 11k rpm. Torque figures are also very close, although without looking at the Kat's specs, I would guess the CBR has a more user-friendly torque curve.

I know I am overlooking 15 years of suspension, chassis, brake, and fuel injection development, but the power & weight stats on the CBR650 look oddly familiar ...because they are virtually identical to the katana 750

CBR is 86hp and 465lbs.

Kat 750 is 92hp and 465lbs.

Both make peak power at 11k rpm. Torque figures are also very close, although without looking at the Kat's specs, I would guess the CBR has a more user-friendly torque curve

Are the weight figures for the cbr 'curb weight' and for the Kat the old fictitious weight without battery, tires, or any fliuds?

Edited by Tpoppa

• 5 months later...

The 650 looks like a near identical rip off of the 2012-2014 Ninja 650.

I'd consider the vfr if the makes version gets here

ninja 650 is a twin big brother to the ex500, cbr650f is an I4, detuned 600rr with more low end. better for commuting than the supersports much more comfortable ride ordering a vfr soon i think!

ninja 650 is a twin big brother to the ex500, cbr650f is an I4, detuned 600rr with more low end. better for commuting than the supersports much more comfortable ride ordering a vfr soon i think!

Sounds perfect.

Seems like Honda needed something for people who wanted more than a CBR500 but not a supersport cbr600rr.  Enter the cbr650, perfect.  Shame I'm not in the market for a new bike, and am only looking to buy used.

Edited by Josh1234

visually. High swing arm for low exhaust. Tall tank. Slightly.downward pitched nose

I just don't get the point on the VFR of a putting a single-side swingarm on a bike then installing a dumb looking exhaust can to cover it up.

Plus looking at the arrangement, you're going to have to disassemble half of the RH side of the bike to get the rear tire off. Exhaust, exhaust hanger, maybe fairing to get the bolts that hold the hangar on...

Edited by blueskeyes

Plus looking at the arrangement, you're going to have to disassemble half of the RH side of the bike to get the rear tire off. Exhaust, exhaust hanger, maybe fairing to get the bolts that hold the hangar on...

It's actually just like changing the wheel on a car.  Remove the 5 lug nuts and it comes right off.  It's much simpler than a wheel change on a normal swingarm.

I just don't get the point on the VFR of a putting a single-side swingarm on a bike then installing a dumb looking exhaust can to cover it up.

True enough. That rear wheel is a beauty. You might see some high mount kits from the aftermarket but the design of the bike looks like it'll have some nice integrated luggage coming soon. That'll cover up those partly anyway.

My cb has an exhaust setup similar.. Sucks hiding part of the sssa but still looks nicer than standard, chain adjustments take 30 seconds and done on side stand, and the rear wheel takes less than 2 minutes to pull.. Just have to slide can off (stock had 1 clamp and bolt for hanger, my yoshi just has 2 springs and one bolt for hanger) awesome setup imo and maintenance is a breeze

True enough. That rear wheel is a beauty. You might see some high mount kits from the aftermarket but the design of the bike looks like it'll have some nice integrated luggage coming soon. That'll cover up those partly anyway.

I bet Honda figures that 50% of the market is going to dump the stock exhaust can no matter what, so they design the cheapest legal option to get the bike out the door. 

As a btw, the 5th gen exhaust cans bolt directly to the 8th gen and visa versa. Cool! 

I admit I went and looked at one, and its quite an attractive bike. I like it, but for the damn VTEC.

-- Maybe there might be a future 5/8ths VFR coming to my garage in the future. beer.gif

Edited by mello dude

My cb has an exhaust setup similar.. Sucks hiding part of the sssa but still looks nicer than standard, chain adjustments take 30 seconds and done on side stand, and the rear wheel takes less than 2 minutes to pull.. Just have to slide can off (stock had 1 clamp and bolt for hanger, my yoshi just has 2 springs and one bolt for hanger) awesome setup imo and maintenance is a breeze

I will never doubt the ease of rear wheel/chain maintenance with a sssa.