Rider dies after hitting pothole while traveling over 100 mph in Minnesota

Casper

This thread is quite interesting...

I have to add that being with someone when they die is something that stays with you. As MT said, it will cause nightmares, depression, etc. It's been more than 2 years since I witnessed someone dying right in front of me and I still have moments that hit me hard. It's a lot to deal with and it's getting somewhat easier but it's something that I will carry with me always. You just can't un-see things.

I don't really want to go into the details of what happened, so forgive me if this comes across more vague than I intended.

Mmmm, pretty sure we've already established he's in it for the money.

I am and I don't hide it. Fault me for that honesty? I'm damn good at what I do though so does it really matter what motivates me to do it? I didn't make Squad Captain by just showing up, I made it because I'm damn good at saving lives so being motivated by money or compassion really shouldn't matter. I'm just being real. I won't lie to you and tell you to hang on you'll be fine when I know damn well you'll be dead before I get you to the hospital. More people should favor honesty over false hope.

This thread is quite interesting...

I have to add that being with someone when they die is something that stays with you. As MT said, it will cause nightmares, depression, etc. It's been more than 2 years since I witnessed someone dying right in front of me and I still have moments that hit me hard. It's a lot to deal with and it's getting somewhat easier but it's something that I will carry with me always. You just can't un-see things.

I don't really want to go into the details of what happened, so forgive me if this comes across more vague than I intended.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that but still you get people that have never seen it that say they want to be there and comfort the dying. I'll be here to tell them I told you so afterwards.

Sorry you had to see that Tracy, others should listen.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that but still you get people that have never seen it that say they want to be there and comfort the dying. I'll be here to tell them I told you so afterwards.

Sorry you had to see that Tracy, others should listen.

Thanks Todd.

I get where people are coming from wanting to be there, but I think that's more of a situation of someone already in the hospital that is somewhat prepared for it. Having something suddenly happen in which you have no control, this level of panic hits you and you scramble to try to help, but there's nothing you can do. It's awful, really awful.

Im sure that eventually you get used to it, especially if youre an EMT or work in the ER, where youre around death all the time.  .

Most do, some don't last long enough to though. You never get used to it on kids though. I've lost 2 kids so far on the way to the ER that never gets easy, adults though is routine. That's a daily thing

Done! And I agree I don't wish for anyone to watch me die. Just dump my ashes at the track.

I feel the same way but dump my ashes in turn one or some other high speed turn. I want gone down on at least one more time.

• Upvote 2

Most do, some don't last long enough to though. You never get used to it on kids though. I've lost 2 kids so far on the way to the ER that never gets easy, adults though is routine. That's a daily thing

I can imagine how kids would be tough.