wrecked my car 3/12/14 - replacement options?

redkow97

how has it been?

I am looking at several 2002-2004 Jetta's.  none of them are diesel, because those people want crazy money for cars with well over 200k...

I'm looking at a 2003 with the 2.0, and a 2004 with slightly higher mileage (106k) and a 5-speed.  that one has the 1.8 turbo.  Both are between $4k and $5k, and have leather interiors, so fully optioned up.

its nice but high miles 205,xxx only negative I have noticed is really shitty wiring

save yourself the trouble and get a nice honda

Edited by tweak740

I've contacted a guy about a Corolla.  He said to text him after 5:00 tonight.  then I have to find a mechanic to look at it (or rather, find one who is available when I am not at work...) and PRAY it is worth what the guy is asking.

For highway mpg car size is less of an issue. In general if you stick to cars and not SUVs large car are actually more aerodynamic than small. Short hatch backs like my Beetle are too boxy to be efficient. They make up a little by having a smaller engine but its not a big difference is cruising at 70+.

On the other hand lighter cars will take less of a hit in stop and go driving. So if you spend alot of time on urban streets then mileage will blow with big cars but remain decent with small ones. 

If you dont need a rear facing seat most 4 door cars will work. If you are tall then rear facing will rule out most compacts and many mid size. :(

Craig

because fuck all of the requirements you listed...

dc6e4204ad.jpg

lol

saw one of these in person when i was coming back from LA on the bike...what an absurd vehicle.

It did have a car seat in the back, guess the whole "precious cargo" idea was serious business to that guy.

Edited by magley64