Might need to look for a new job

Bad324

if you had a ton of connections to get me work from the oil-gas mining industry, I would tell you to be my manufacturer's rep and make 5% commission on my gross sales for work you bring in. you know, like a fucking boss.

Any buyer at any place that buys medium to larger quantities of machined components (2500 units or more per order or bigger quantities over a period of time with regular deliveries) and doesn't buy it from china because there is almost always very little point in trying to compete with china. The manufacturers rep will generally use their connection at a given place to help negotiate pricing and other terms. Mfg reps generally earn 5% commission on the gross sale of whatever item gets purchased due tot their work and all future work from that relationship until a set point in time or as long as they continue to represent that manufacturer (ie, me). So you could very literally land one customer for someone and basically not have to work if it was a big enough working relationship that you established. Generally speaking, any buyer that isn't crazy will try smaller less risky orders with a new vendor before going crazy with orders though.

How does one find a head hunter? I'm obviously in an entirely different location than you, but I'd like to see what my options are in the work field. I'm not real happy with where I work and think someone like a headhunter would be an interesting person to speak with.

Sent while riding

I get contacted weekly by headhunters through my LinkedIn page.  They find me searching on Skills I've listed on my profile. Been an invaluable resource in my IT career.