Retiring - Race/Trackday Gear Package sell off

SJC1000rr

Cox, post up build dates on helmets so they know if they can "race" or just be used for track days :) Just a thought, guessing both are outside build dates but may not be.  I know on MS I got that question a lot for racers for spares. 

Doh, dually noted and will get them when I get home.

I'm interested in the pitbull stands if you'd be willing to ship them.

Even being Cincy area, the shipping cost for them would be pretty high due to the large size, so I wouldn't want to do that. If you're willing to meet somewhere in the middle along 71, I would be willing to do that.

I need that transponder,just won't have the cash for at least a few weeks.

LMK if you can wait for payment !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selling stuff off as FCFS. Have one interested in it currently and will mark as it is sold or not.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Did you get married or something?

Nope. Sold bike/trailer stuff last year in the thought of getting a newer bike an paid off some loans. Now I can't bring myself to spend $10k to get a bike that I would like that is setup properly. Combined with worse then I thought injuries from work and the Nelson carnage in 2012, it was not advisable to get into another big crash again.

• Upvote 1

Nope. Sold bike/trailer stuff last year in the thought of getting a newer bike an paid off some loans. Now I can't bring myself to spend $10k to get a bike that I would like that is setup properly. Combined with worse then I thought injuries from work and the Nelson carnage in 2012, it was not advisable to get into another big crash again.

I know I toot this horn pretty loudly and pretty often, but consider mini racing.

My bike was $450.  I might be into it for closer to $900 or $1000 now, but it's not the $10k you're talking about, and I can run 2 full seasons on 1 set of tires...

A worst-case scenario crash is a 50mph ordeal.  The injuries are usually minimal, and the bike repairs are almost always next to nothing.

The (lack of) speed alone reduces the risks quite a bit.  It's 30% of the speed, and 99% of the fun of big bikes.  You WILL still miss big bikes, but the little bikes prevent withdrawal symptoms ;-)

Edited by redkow97

Even being Cincy area, the shipping cost for them would be pretty high due to the large size, so I wouldn't want to do that. If you're willing to meet somewhere in the middle along 71, I would be willing to do that.

If anything, I think I'll be down near the Cinci area in a couple weeks and could take them most of the way if you guys work something out.

Just let me know.

I know I toot this horn pretty loudly and pretty often, but consider mini racing.

My bike was $450.  I might be into it for closer to $900 or $1000 now, but it's not the $10k you're talking about, and I can run 2 full seasons on 1 set of tires...

A worst-case scenario crash is a 50mph ordeal.  The injuries are usually minimal, and the bike repairs are almost always next to nothing.

The (lack of) speed alone reduces the risks quite a bit.  It's 30% of the speed, and 99% of the fun of big bikes.  You WILL still miss big bikes, but the little bikes prevent withdrawal symptoms ;-)

Just in case SJC1000rr was wondering.....

There is a race prepped '03 XR100 on the OMRL board ready for the season opener on April 26th!  :)

If anything, I think I'll be down near the Cinci area in a couple weeks and could take them most of the way if you guys work something out.

Just let me know.

This could work out.

I'm a little busy for the next week or so, if you still have the stands then, I'll arrange a pickup. Wouldn't mind stopping by the pony anyways.

I feel like between here and Wera you're posting about this you 100% have to be getting paid by OMRL or something.  No really, I believe this.

• Upvote 2

I feel like between here and Wera you're posting about this you 100% have to be getting paid by OMRL or something.  No really, I believe this.

he is now known N2 and OMRL lover.

I keep it in the trailer. It comes in handy to hold up your leathers or when you need an extra strap to hold a gas can from sliding around.

We should name that belt steve, and show a video of it with Sarah McLachlan songs playing in tribute

This could work out.

I'm a little busy for the next week or so, if you still have the stands then, I'll arrange a pickup. Wouldn't mind stopping by the pony anyways.

Just buy them.  You know you need them. :D

I'll grab them and bring them down in a couple weeks. You can then just run out on 32E to my place (in Winchester) to get them or I'll bring them in to Eastgate or something.

I wish OMRL was paying me, or even just discounting my entry fees!

But honestly, WERA has its own mini class. I go out of my way NOT to mention OMRL on the WERA board unless I'm talking about the preferred setup to suit the OMRL rules that might not apply to WERA minis classes.

Plus that's the only bike I owned for over a year. Still the only one that is actually in riding condition at the moment - doesn't it stand to reason that the majority of my posts on both boards would be about the type of riding I'm actually doing?  I could start promoting freestyle dirt jumping if that would make you feel better, but I know jack-all about it...

Edited by redkow97

I would say yes but to jump in a for sale thread and pump the mini for no reason I don't understand.

Steve said a $10k bike was too expensive and another big crash was too risky.  I thought my response was pretty much directly on point as far as addressing how he could continue racing with a bike that's 10% of that cost and has a much lower potential for a "big crash" that would take him out of work.

So no, it wasn't on-topic for the for sale thread, but it was a direct response to what he said about WHY he was selling.

It still has the potential for the big crash though. Most people just walk away from this stuff and not risk a lower chance of a big crash. We all understand that the mini racing is available as it get discussed all over the forum.

I'd say there is a drastic difference in serious injury risk when racing at under 60 mph vs under 185 mph. Don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

I think RK is gung-ho about the minis and sharing his passion. As one who races in OMRL, I like big grids and I am thankful he is pushing to get more involved.

I think his comments were spot on trying to provide a good alternative to the OP's concerns. Nothing out of line.

Biggie

Edited by turnone

I'd say there is a drastic difference in serious injury risk when racing at under 60 mph vs under 185 mph. Don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

I think RK is gung-ho about the minis and sharing his passion. As one who races in OMRL, I like big grids and I am thankful he is pushing to get more involved.

I think his comments were spot on trying to provide a good alternative to the OP's concerns. Nothing out of line.

Biggie

Considering I know most of Steve injuries I would disagree. You can really mess yourself up under 35 so you may want to think again on that one. 

Biggie

Sure there's a drastic difference.  But it also doesn't take a genius to see that comparing potential wrecks at the top speed of big bore bikes with an XR100 at top speed is not a fair comparison.  Most track day/racing off road excursions I've seen happen nowhere near 185.  Hell they probably happen at 60 mph or less if I had to guess most of the time.

You could easily fall off a damn tricycle doing 3.67186 mph and knock yourself out.  You would still have to replace a tasseled grip, peddle, and maybe the bars.  That's like $341.58 in parts alone.  No sport is without its risks and expenses.

Sure there's a drastic difference.  But it also doesn't take a genius to see that comparing potential wrecks at the top speed of big bore bikes with an XR100 at top speed is not a fair comparison.  Most track day/racing off road excursions I've seen happen nowhere near 185.  Hell they probably happen at 60 mph or less if I had to guess most of the time.

You could easily fall off a damn tricycle doing 3.67186 mph and knock yourself out.  You would still have to replace a tasseled grip, peddle, and maybe the bars.  That's like $341.58 in parts alone.  No sport is without its risks and expenses.

By the same token, most mini racing wrecks don't happen at top speed either. Most would be 15-30 mph.

I crashed my CRF250R 4 times and only replaced one brake lever TOTAL after all of them.  And this is on a bike much larger than the XR100 mentioned by RK.  The expenses aren't anywhere close to big bikes, whether we are talking about crashing, race fees, transponder rental, etc.

So I stand by my conclusion that mini is safer and cheaper.

Considering I know most of Steve injuries I would disagree. You can really mess yourself up under 35 so you may want to think again on that one. 

What's to rethink?  Slower is safer.  Not 100% safe.  No one said that.

I know nothing of his injuries or if he even likes minis.  However, nothing was said out of line with RK suggesting it as an option.

Chris

By the same token, most mini racing wrecks don't happen at top speed either. Most would be 15-30 mph.

I crashed my CRF250R 4 times and only replaced one brake lever TOTAL after all of them.  And this is on a bike much larger than the XR100 mentioned by RK.  The expenses aren't anywhere close to big bikes, whether we are talking about crashing, race fees, transponder rental, etc.

So I stand by my conclusion that mini is safer and cheaper.

I'll give you the cheaper part but I still have to respectfully disagree with it being safer. :D