2014 Epic Ride meet up for SWOhioans - NOW MAY 18TH!

Helmutt

First post edited for rider list and added secondary meet locale for other SWOhioan riders not wanting to meet at CompAcc.

Where do ya want to meet with us before slabbing to Springfield? The rest stop just south of Rt36 exit just for an easy on/off?

I know piqua very well so you guys can name the place, I'll be there. I have a friend that wants to ride with me as well..

Well count me out guys, found out about a graduation that is the same day at noon. Have and ride safe!!

Will do. Maybe you'll have a bike for the next ride

I know piqua very well so you guys can name the place, I'll be there. I have a friend that wants to ride with me as well..

Lets stick with the rest stop just south of Rt36 along I-75 so it's a quick on/off and there aren't any traffic/stoplights to contend with. Then we can get underway as soon you guys arrive so we can meet up with the group at CompAcc. I figure the wife & I will be to the rest stop about 630ish am to meet you, that would put us in Springfield about 715am to chit chat a bit before heading east.

Are you & your buddy planning to stick with our SW group in medium pace? I really dont want either of you pushing your limits and riding above your comfort levels.

We will wait at the finish if you chose to ride in a slower group during the epic ride. This way we all come back together.

We will wait at the finish if you chose to ride in a slower group during the epic ride. This way we all come back together.

Well thank you snot. I'll probably take my turn in a slower/intermediate group just because I don't know the area and I'm not the most confident person in the curves yet.

Will do. Maybe you'll have a bike for the next ride

Lets stick with the rest stop just south of Rt36 along I-75 so it's a quick on/off and there aren't any traffic/stoplights to contend with. Then we can get underway as soon you guys arrive so we can meet up with the group at CompAcc. I figure the wife & I will be to the rest stop about 630ish am to meet you, that would put us in Springfield about 715am to chit chat a bit before heading east.

Are you & your buddy planning to stick with our SW group in medium pace? I really dont want either of you pushing your limits and riding above your comfort levels.

I'll stock in the medium pace group. Not sure about my buddy, he's a lunatic and might choose a faster group. But knowing that he is a little level headed, I would put my money that he will stick in the intermediate group just to feel the route out first time around.

I'll stock in the medium pace group. Not sure about my buddy, he's a lunatic and might choose a faster group. But knowing that he is a little level headed, I would put my money that he will stick in the intermediate group just to feel the route out first time around.

How familiar are you with group riding? My advice is choose a slower group to start, even if it seems to slow. There's less pressure and the ride more fun. When the time is right to go faster you'll know.

• Upvote 1

I would like to come but I can't say for sure. They wife is due the 28th. So I won't know really until a day or two beforehand. You know how babies are, they just show up when they want to.

Another wrench is thrown into my plans to join. Apparently im supposed to go to a wedding that day. Its my wife's friends, sister that's getting married. I consider that to be one person to far from people's weddings that i have to go to . I hardly even know the chic. On top of that, this exact scenario later this year is a wedding she said i didnt have to go to. Im going to try and use that as leverage to get out of this one also. Going to 2 of the 4 weddings planned this year isnt bad in my book.

to be continued.........

Another wrench is thrown into my plans to join. Apparently im supposed to go to a wedding that day. Its my wife's friends, sister that's getting married. I consider that to be one person to far from people's weddings that i have to go to . I hardly even know the chic. On top of that, this exact scenario later this year is a wedding she said i didnt have to go to. Im going to try and use that as leverage to get out of this one also. Going to 2 of the 4 weddings planned this year isnt bad in my book.

to be continued.........

Allowing the "other" to make your plans for you

is putting yourself on a string like a marionette.

No thanks, I'll make my own plans. 

Really? I doubt she makes plans for him, more like with him. There are other rides but friends and families come first. This is the mother of his children and if I am not mistaken he loves his wife.

We miss out on riders from time to time because, our other has plans that are important to them. As a spouse you should support each other and enjoy everyday you have together.

20th we will all hook up later for a Dayton ride.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 2

Really.  It's give and take.  But, there are limits.

As long as they are generally happy with their

arrangement, and it works for them, I'm happy

for them.

This thread is not the place for a debate over his life with his pregnant wife. I'd use caution on this subject especially with so many women on here and one is his sister-n-law.

Its also for Dayton riders to communicate wheither or not they are joining the ride.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure pregnant wifes request trumps all motorcycle rides. All that is really required at a wedding is bride, groom, and someone to officiate. We tried to get away with that and 80 people later we had a wedding.

• Upvote 1

Or after going thru the troubles we had last year with her pregnancy and difficulties this go round the right thing to do would be go to wedding. There I can drink all the free alcohol I can untili don't even know what a motorcycle is. Then ten or so days later welcome my daughter into this world.

With that being said I'm going to have to catch up with you guys/gals some other time.