2014 Epic Ride meet up for SWOhioans - NOW MAY 18TH!

Helmutt

Are you all planning on hitting the Mcdonalds in logan for a quick bite to eat b4 we ride...or should I eat breakfast before the meet at comp? ??

Are you all planning on hitting the Mcdonalds in logan for a quick bite to eat b4 we ride...or should I eat breakfast before the meet at comp? ??

No plans on stopping. I like the fall rides due to more seat time in and a good way to end the season.

We tend to eat light before/during the ride so random bowel movements are at a bare minumum, yet our strength is kept up with a snack every couple hours or so. We may eat after the ride before heading back, but that'll be played by ear until then

Dear God who eats McDonalds before an all day ride no where near bathrooms? Dafuq is wrong with you people

Meh, maybe he's ok with giving a few roadside trees a mud bath every few stop signs :dunno:

:D

• Upvote 1

Fall ride would be great..let's work on that :).....I'll eat at bobs across the street then before we meet at comp..prolly b there by 7am if anyone is interested.

Lol...we'll I would prefer Bob Evans....but I figured we would b on a time crunch...lol

Now you're talking, but that would surely guarantee a colon bomb before getting home

Can I join you folks for a coffee and cinnamon roll at bobs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm sure Dubie and hahafzr wouldn't mind company.  Wife and I wont be eating at Bob Evans before the ride, so we'll see you folks at CompAcc about 730am

Edited by Hellmutt

Hey hahafzr.....how did u get more free time....let's me no the secret please...I'd love to have more time to ride and just hang out for sure...btw..ur new cosmetics are sic bro!! Great job...

How familiar are you with group riding? My advice is choose a slower group to start, even if it seems to slow. There's less pressure and the ride more fun. When the time is right to go faster you'll know.

Never been with a group as a rider. Been on hundreds of poker runs as a passenger as a young teen. And I've been with a small pack riding locally.

Small pack rides are similar, but group rides are a bit more regimented. Since group rides are larger we have a lead and a sweep to help keep us all as close to one entity as possible, everyone stays put so no leapfrogging or crazy passing back and forth without consent of the rider ahead of you.....its not a race, so keep your egos in check before we head out. Long straights and in-town behavior should follow typical pack ride protocol, meaning staggered formation with ample room for each rider to brake/maneuver. Once turns and twisties ensue, it's single file to allow everyone the full lane width. Our group will be a medium paced romp, nothing too overly-spirited but there will be some quick cornering. Some moments of straightline speeds "may" exceed posted limits, but I will hold at every stop until the sweep is back together. Gonna be a fun ride, great scenery, and good folks.....hopefully the weather plays nice