2014 Epic Ride meet up for SWOhioans - NOW MAY 18TH!

Helmutt

Checked the weather for Logan earlier too. So far it looks like a chilly ride there, then awesome conditions all day. Only 20% chance of rain for now, hoping it stays clear for Saturday but temps come up to the 70's

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

Lol.....u all are a trip....this ride should b good to go...may have a sprinkle or two but we can handle it....tires should stick pretty good as long as it reaches 60*...If not we may just have to "slip it, slide it, pick it up and ride it!! (RG Racing)....

Jason I will text you some time either late friday or real early Saturday to let you know if I'm going to make it. Again it all depends on weather or not I can get any sleep friday night. Fuck night shift.

Troy/Piqua/Sydney guys are meeting at rest stop at 6:30. I may try to catch you all at the 55 exit and just fall in behind the group.

Also I plan on putting the top box and tank bag onto the bike. I will have room for clothes and jacket liners as the are being shed.

• Upvote 1

Jason I will text you some time either late friday or real early Saturday to let you know if I'm going to make it. Again it all depends on weather or not I can get any sleep friday night. Fuck night shift.

Troy/Piqua/Sydney guys are meeting at rest stop at 6:30. I may try to catch you all at the 55 exit and just fall in behind the group.

Also I plan on putting the top box and tank bag onto the bike. I will have room for clothes and jacket liners as the are being shed.

Sounds good Lee, we plan to head out from the rest stop right about 630. I'll keep my eyes peeled at the Rt55 ramp for ya.

Brr, I did a gear check this morning with my leathers and two layers of thermals, 37 is way too cold for that so I'll be falling back to my windproof pants and jacket tomorrow morning! :cold:  Pinlock was great but I fogged on the outer edges where it doesn't cover the faceshield.

Edited by cptchaos

Brr, I did a gear check this morning with my leathers and two layers of thermals, 37 is way too cold for that so I'll be falling back to my windproof pants and jacket tomorrow morning! :cold:  Pinlock was great but I fogged on the outer edges where it doesn't cover the faceshield.

Yeah, its gonna be another long cold ride but the afternoon will be pretty decent as long as the weather cooperates.

Ok Hellmutt. I'm in for the ride Down. Plans changed. I'll text you later to get better details.

Thats fine AJ, we plan to be at the rest stop on I-75 ( just south of Rt36 ) about 615am to meet up with kilo and his crew. We'll head from there at 630am sharp towards Springfield.

A small change of plans folks. We'll still meet at CompAcc, but about 730am we will likely be heading down the street to the Shell station on the corner of W. Leffel Ln and S. Limestone St ( Rt72 ) to fuel, get coffee to warm us up, and have a bathroom to use.

I didn't consider the fact that Comp wont open until after we're gone. So, instead of standing around in the cold with no amenities, we'll head to Shell earlier to fuel up. Wife and I will be sure to check back in at Comp before the group heads out to gather up anyone that may miss this. I'll ammend the first post as well.

Edited by Hellmutt

I'm set to roll. Meet you at the Gas a go go or whatever it's called at 9:00 or do you think you'll be earlier. I think l head out of Franklin a little after 7:00 since nobody has hmu I'll skip the meet point and leave from home. If anyone is planning on meeting me best speak up now. Otherwise 33 and 316 I'll let you know when I'm there Jason. Gotta go gas up the scooter now.

ATTENTION SW OHIORIDERS - RIDE IS NOW MOVED TO SUNDAY MAY 18TH! Not sure if the wife and I can make it or not, gonna see if our schedule can be changed up to make this happen.

I'm out can't do sunday.

Well that sucks.

I just now got plans squared away to allow us to make the ride Sunday. For those that can still attend, same plan is in effect but changed to Sunday May 18th.

I've pm'd or txt everyone in this thread to notify them of the change ( just in case ) and I've edited the first post with revised meet plans ( Shell station ) and restarted the list of riders as they confirm. Please chime in here or reply to my pm if you plan to attend or not, just so we can get a new total of who to expect.