Mid-O April 19th

RHill

It can be like ice in the cold and wet, I have seen bikes go from vertical to pavement in an instant at a whopping 25mph.

No offense, Craig but "ice" is not accurate. There is a level of slick that happens when cold. However, the RIDER is the element that crashes in the cold. I've run plenty of laps around that track in about every condition. I've turned lap times in sub 40 degree temps faster than some in 80 degrees and "perfect".

Take caution, be smooth, nothing erratic and treat like riding in the rain for example and you'll be fine. The weather today at 65 and sunny with the next couple of days similar will help. The frost level is still high. But ANY track this weekend is going to be dusty and somewhat "slick". Bit I've never seen a single soul crash vertical at 25mph in the morning. If so, they would have crashed if in perfect conditions.

No I would say ice is about right. When I touch the gas (I'm talking open with little to no roll on) and the rear starts to slide out to me that's like ice. I have tried warmers, using both brakes to get more heat and nothing worked. To me it's not worth it. 

it's not like ice at all. "green" and loose, yes, but Ice I would reserve for when it RAINS lol. when it's cold the bike just likes to move around a bit. best bet is just knock the pace down and work on being SMOOTH with your transitions/braking/throttle.

BTW I am SUPER jazzed to be out there tomorrow! Going to pick up new warmers and finish prepping the bike tonight.  I will have the black 07 GSXR with red tank.  Not sure which leathers/helmet/boots i'll be wearing though... haha

Coming down to the last minute weather predictions for me.

If I can get my exhaust welded and the forecast goes up another couple degrees I'll make Saturday.  If I had extra cash I'd be there for sure...if I had the cash and vacation time I'd be there tomorrow and Saturday.

Anyone going Friday have a generator or a garage they want to split?  Jester doesn't have a generator.

Coming down to the last minute weather predictions for me.

If I can get my exhaust welded and the forecast goes up another couple degrees I'll make Saturday.  If I had extra cash I'd be there for sure...if I had the cash and vacation time I'd be there tomorrow and Saturday.

Anyone going Friday have a generator or a garage they want to split?  Jester doesn't have a generator.

I forgot that I don't have any brake lines on my bike so I'm going to put those on tomorrow. If you go on Saturday I will go Ryan. We can split a garage or I am also buying a generator tomorrow evening to have for the other tracks.

it's not like ice at all. "green" and loose, yes, but Ice I would reserve for when it RAINS lol. when it's cold the bike just likes to move around a bit. best bet is just knock the pace down and work on being SMOOTH with your transitions/braking/throttle.

BTW I am SUPER jazzed to be out there tomorrow! Going to pick up new warmers and finish prepping the bike tonight.  I will have the black 07 GSXR with red tank.  Not sure which leathers/helmet/boots i'll be wearing though... haha

Exactly.  Craig...  I love ya, man...  But the comments do nothing but place fear in people's minds and it is just simply not as bad as people make it out to be.  Green and loose is perfect.  Not ice.  Trust me...  I've ridden on ice...

HealeaAction2_zps137024ab.jpg

You're right Brian I'm not entitled to my own opinion. 

Hey all tracks have their flaws, Grattan is the same way with the sealer they used. 

Brian, I'll chock this up to long winter and lack of riding. I'm grumpy. I'll see you at mido sometime this year and maybe at a race if you decide to show. :)

Edited by blue03636