Say hello to your newest backmarker

Sidewinder600

I finally managed to snag a cheap track bike, so it looks like I'll be holding some of you bastards up in the keyhole this year. A few questions to start off:

• From what I gather, it looks like some (relatively) close tracks are Mid-O, Nelson, Putnam, and PittRace, Grattan prolly if I stay overnight. I've done MO a few times a few years back when they did those KTM days, but that's all I know. Any others, and anything big to be aware of at those tracks?
  • Is anybody else in Delaware or close enough to maybe split some rides/tows/gas occasionally? I have a smaller SUV that can tow a small trailer (prolly 2 bikes max), but as of now I have to deal with the pain-in-the-assery of renting from U-Haul as I don't have my own trailer.
  • Are there any discounts offered at any of the local tracks or track day orgs? I'm thinking group buys, forum discounts, multi-pass pricing, veteran's discounts, anything really. 
  • Are pets allowed at any of them? My 100 lb. feces generator has made it clear on several occasions he's not happy being locked in the house for 15 hours at a time.

Feel free to chime in with whatever other advice/insults you see as appropriate. 

Sweet!  We always love some fresh meat!

As I'm sure you know, most of us are definitely Motoseries enthusiasts.  That's where I started and I haven't found the need to leave since, although I've done track days with a bunch of other orgs along the way.  Nelson is our much-loved home track, and yes it's bumpy, but fun as hell and eventually you really don't even think about that crap.  Pitt Race is also a fun track and pretty easy to learn.  Motoseries also has top-notch instruction available (unless you get fucked and get Craig) and really sets you up to be a great rider.  I've actually somehow never ridden Mid O (probably because we don't race there), but I know a bunch of us are planning on hitting a few days this year.  I live in Cleveland but will be in Columbus this summer, and there are track guys everywhere in between.  Shouldn't be a problem to ride share to just about any event you want to hit, just post up in here.  And I know my friends have brought dogs to the track, and its never been a problem as long as they are generally not vicious killers and are kept on a leash/chain (although it's easier if you have a non-rider with you to hang out in the pits with the pup).

Anyway, welcome, and hope you don't mind pissing away large amounts of money! haha

Woohoo!!  Maybe this will be someone I can lap in a sprint!!

:D

I kid.  But do get your stuff together and hit up Moto Series (spell it right you dumb lawyer).  We'll gladly take you under our wings and into our trailers.  :lol:

Woohoo!! Maybe this will be someone I can lap in a sprint!!

:D

I kid. But do get your stuff together and hit up Moto Series (spell it right you dumb lawyer). We'll gladly take you under our wings and into our trailers. :lol:

Don't let R1 scare you too much,the trailer initiation is fun for everyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the madness. . I offer nothing else that the moto series guys dont already offer.. Mainly because there isn't anything any of those homos won't do.. moto series is a great group mid o offers great coaching and same with the days at putnam. I personally am out of columbus. And do mostly putnam and mid o days. Mid o from my understanding doesn't allow pets.. putnam does as long as in an enclosure or leashed at all times. There is a forum discount of like $10 or $15 for mid o I think during checkout it is code forum2014. Any questions ask.. a lot of us here are control riders.. and there are a ton of enthusiasts around

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

Just kidding about the Craig part.  As much as I hate to admit it, I did my first novice track day with Craig and he is part of the reason I fell in love with this shit and stuck around.

With that being said, "poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master," and I ain't poor if you know what I'm saying.

And fuck off, Kevin.

Zip it, Chucky.  You'll have plenty of time to be goofin' with me on the track since we'll both back in the back.  Well, not THE back...Steve will probably still be occupying that spot.

He-He.

• Upvote 1