A Ducati back in AMA Superbike!

redkow97

Old news lol.. jk.. I totally should have posted it a last moth.. very excited to see this. They hoped to make daytona but had some tuning issues. I had talked to jarel of ducati omaha. Jake was hoping to be at jennings with us this year. He has high hopes but knows it will be an uphill climb on the 1199

he better hurry up... the action packed AMA schedule for this season only has 5 races left.   :o

it will be an uphill climb on the 1199

In WSBK trim, I might agree with you, but I am being led to believe that the more restrictive AMA rules don't put the Duc at any real disadvantage. 

Like the team owner pointed out, the Jordan Suzuki team is gone.  That's two bikes that probably would (or should) have had the resources to finish ahead of them.  In their mind, they are already climbing the ladder every time they qualify.

I wish them well.  Will be nice to hear another twin on the grid.

Brian might be able to chime in and enlighten us with the potential obstacles for the Panni at the AMA superbike level.

Given that it's a privateer team, they could have chosen any bike they wanted as a platform.  There has to be a reason they chose the Ducati.  Maybe it's just that the stock parts (and traction control) are better than the Japanese options, so those are fewer parts they plan to upgrade(?)

Not bad strategy if that's the case.

From my understanding. And it's vague.. it was the team owner and the want of the shop sponsoring to go with 1199panigale. The shop is ducati of omaha after all and competitive is a relative term. It depends on your goal. Is it to win? I hope so.. or is it to get the bike out there and see what it can do and hope for decent top 10s? I don't know.. same could easily be said for all levels of racing. Even more so with privateers. As we all know not everyone is able to win

All about marketing for the shop and living the dream.  Same goes for Neyra and Wrobel, except Neyra realized he needed a rider to do well, and made the choice to sponsor someone in AMA vs race.  I respect the heck out of him for doing that and not sure I could do the same. 

Not to mention these are to an extent tax writeoffs in a sense for these business's. 

I mean I'd race it if they let me :)  No riding here, just racing or practicing to race.