State Surplus Auction 4/19/14. Lot of 250's up for grabs

Cdubyah

anyone ever gone to one of these? 

I'm trying to get an idea of what the DR200 and TW200's actually sell for.

Anything with a dirt-chassis capable of short highway stints would be of interest.  Even if I have to put a smaller rear sprocket on it to make 60mph possible...

But I know the XR100 will do 50mph with the right gearing and big enough tires, so 60 from a 200 seems possible.

anyone ever gone to one of these? 

I'm trying to get an idea of what the DR200 and TW200's actually sell for.

ditto.  looking for a very cheap toy for limited trail/yard riding.  anyone have any experience with either of those bikes??

well let's not bid each other up!

I am just looking at the dualsport models and thinking that they're not going to be very popular choices for most street riders.  I would hope they go for under a grand.  I can't imagine dealerships would snatch up models that are likely to sit in their showroom for months on end.

well let's not bid each other up!

I am just looking at the dualsport models and thinking that they're not going to be very popular choices for most street riders. I would hope they go for under a grand. I can't imagine dealerships would snatch up models that are likely to sit in their showroom for months on end.

I honestly wouldn't want to go over $600 to $800 and wonder if it would be a waste of a trip

Dealers won't want any of those bikes. Their all beat to shit. The TW 200 is a massively underpowered bike with big flotation tires. I don't think there's anyway to fit any normal tires on it.

I wouldn't mind snatching up some of those 250s to fix up and resell.... Or a dump truck.

I'm assuming these are cash only sales? Hard to navigate website on my phone

All vehicles must be PAID IN FULL on the day of the auction. All vehicles are sold "AS-IS" with no warranty.

The State of Ohio is now selling 30 Day Temporary Tags the day of the public vehicle auction only. Cost $18.00 - (Cash Only)

TERMS: Cash, Credit and Debit cards (Visa, Discover, MasterCard: Only) accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS! Credit and Debit cards accepted with a 2.5% SERVICE FEE. Payments must be made in full, day of sale. NO EXCEPTIONS!! All vehicles must be removed by Friday following the auction. Certain methods of payment subject to IRS regulations. All participants must register day of auction.

I'm assuming these are cash only sales? Hard to navigate website on my phone

All vehicles must be PAID IN FULL on the day of the auction. All vehicles are sold "AS-IS" with no warranty.

The State of Ohio is now selling 30 Day Temporary Tags the day of the public vehicle auction only. Cost $18.00 - (Cash Only)

TERMS: Cash, Credit and Debit cards (Visa, Discover, MasterCard: Only) accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS! Credit and Debit cards accepted with a 2.5% SERVICE FEE. Payments must be made in full, day of sale. NO EXCEPTIONS!! All vehicles must be removed by Friday following the auction. Certain methods of payment subject to IRS regulations. All participants must register day of auction.

thank you

Dealers won't want any of those bikes. Their all beat to shit. The TW 200 is a massively underpowered bike with big flotation tires. I don't think there's anyway to fit any normal tires on it.

I wouldn't mind snatching up some of those 250s to fix up and resell.... Or a dump truck.

Under powered for teenage learner = Win
  • Upvote 1

From This http://www.dasapps.ohio.gov/Surplus/SFS_State%20Surplus%20Vehicle%20Lot%20Hours%20of%20Operation.pdf

It would not appear that you need a dealers license.

~ Text from Link ~

Automobile Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, except for the 5 days before and after each auction.

Vehicles and items may be subject to purchase by State and Tax Supported agencies at any time prior to closure for the Public Auction.

The day of the auction Surplus Automobile gates open at 8:00 a.m., the auction starts at 10:00 a.m. and remains open until 5:00 p.m. for buyers to remove purchased items. Buyers can pick up items purchased Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The Automobile Office will be closed for sales to State and Tax Supported Agencies two weeks prior and closed for receiving vehicles one week prior, also closed for both sales and receiving five business days after each Automobile auction. Call 614-466-2670 for auction dates and other Questions.

Vehicles may be inspected the week before the auction from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Vehicles may be started ONLY on the day before the auction from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.

GATES OPEN 8:00 a.m.

Auction Begins at 10:00 a.m.

im going to bet most of these bikes are going to be mostly external physical damage most of them have prob never even been on the street. So other than a roasted clutch there should be nothing mechanically wronge with them.

still sounds like win..we must have different play books

My point is that they are not as easy to ride as a normal motorcycle. Difficult in fact. Wouldn't want to discourage the kiddies by putting them on balloon tires and making them learn when something like an XR100 is much easier to balance.

My point is that they are not as easy to ride as a normal motorcycle. Difficult in fact. Wouldn't want to discourage the kiddies by putting them on balloon tires and making them learn when something like an XR100 is much easier to balance.

Got ya, just wanted something she can learn clutching and shifting and able to jump on the street with next year too.

Interesting - I'd think these leftover BRC bikes would have had all the beans eaten out of 'em.  Even so, I personally rode one of those during my BRC (NH250) and it did a good job for what it was.

the tw200 is stupid easy to ride.  the tires don't make much difference other than being somewhat handy for getting around gravel and not too hairy off roading.

• Upvote 1