AT&T picks Cleveland over Columbus for new high speed internet?

Casper

How is more flights from NEWARK a win? It's fucking Newark. Even my guido ass can't stand that place

And even they don't want to go to Cleveland. :)

But hey, even fewer flights to Detroit, so you got that going for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd take this over the GOP convention any day. Really hope they come here.

http://mobile.dispatch.com/coldispatch/db_338961/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=4ROKjZkq

Sounds like this business is being kind of aggressive.  The way Columbus runs things, they'll manage to turn this into a net minus.  Coleman's an idiot. He'll most likely give away all tax revenue, run a deficit, and then come to voters for a wage tax increase.

that article:

Cleveland is awesome because - 1. We got a basketball player back that we hated like a year ago. 2. We're going to have a bunch of sleezy politicians here 2 years from now. 3. The rock hall of fame hasn't stopped functioning.

:D

• Upvote 2

and another:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meeting-america-cleveland-rocks-n154671

If any of you mods want to split off all my Cleveland love in to a new thread called "Why Cleveland is better than you give it credit for" I'd be ok with that :D

I attended UFC 68 in Columbus.  I have never seen a city so unprepared for an event...ever. 

Public transportation was so overwhelmed, taxi companies were quoting 5-6 hours for pickups before they just stopped answering phones all together. 

Hotels near Nationwide Arena were oversold, and due to the taxi problem mentioned above people were stranded.  After the UFC event ended, there were literally thousands of people gathering in hotel lobbies and standing on the street.  Hotels and police were trying to kick people out of the area and they were refusing to leave.  There were fights and arguements everywhere, it was damn near a riot.

The eintire event drew about 1/3 of the people that attend an average Browns game.  Yeaaahhh Columbus!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I attended UFC 68 in Columbus. I have never seen a city so unprepared for an event...ever.

Public transportation was so overwhelmed, taxi companies were quoting 5-6 hours for pickups before they just stopped answering phones all together.

Hotels near Nationwide Arena were oversold, and due to the taxi problem mentioned above people were stranded. After the UFC event ended, there were literally thousands of people gathering in hotel lobbies and standing on the street. Hotels and police were trying to kick people out of the area and they were refusing to leave. There were fights and arguements everywhere, it was damn near a riot.

The eintire event drew about 1/3 of the people that attend an average Browns game. Yeaaahhh Columbus!

I'm curious what the attendance numbers were. We have Clippers and Blue Jackets games on the same night all the time, and never a problem like what you're describing. Could have been UFC organizers failed to inform anyone there was an event. If we can handle 105k at the Shoe, 30k at ROTR, 17k at Jackets games, 200k for the Arnold, etc; pretty sure we can handle anything the UFC or Brownies could throw this way.

• 5 months later...