When not to wave, and how not to....

Tonik

...market your website all in one post!!  The below article Is from Bike Bandit, a blog post on when not to wave. They have created a great deal of ill will for themselves at the very end when they say don't wave to trikes/Can-Ams. So the interwebs is mad at them now, at least all the trike/Can-Am people.

http://www.bikebandit.com/community/guides/when-not-to-do-the-motorcycle-wave?fb_action_ids=10201954348408060&fb_action_types=og.comments

Man those can am people are pissed.

If people don't wave at me, for whatever reasons they have, I promise I won't care. Waving is stupid.

Ride for yourself, not other people's approval.

• Upvote 1

I don't wave at trikes... or motorcycles/scooters with training wheels.

Not just out of spite (because they aren't REALLY motorcycles), but god forbid they try to wave back and can't manage the multitasking, wrecking in some fiery crash... I'd feel terrible.

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1

I wave to mopeds, scooters, bicycles,

cars with one headlight, and pretty girls.

I'll even wave to a snobby Harley rider

and won't get an attitude if he doesn't

wave back.  I'm an equal opportunity

kind of guy.  :D

+1 and Ditto.

• Upvote 1

I always wave to Amish buggy's...

Yep!  Me too.  For me, I'm waving because

they are riding on something that exposes

them to the elements of weather.  Farmers

on tractors are another target of my waving

hand, just as long as they are not enclosed

in an air-conditioned, air-ride, 8-track music

blasting plowing machine.  If you are walking

down the road, carrying a flashlight, I'll likely

give you a wave before I realize it.

Edited by JackFlash

I'll wave at anything with two wheels and a motor so long as I'm just cruising (not in accel/decel). Not gonna hurt me any, and noticing them on any roadway more than 2 lanes tells me I'm doing my job well at scanning ALL of the roadway ahead of me and not fixating. Call me a noob but I like to have subtle reassurance that I'm not becoming complacent with my riding. I'll wave at those female joggers too, but I might fixate a little too much sometimes ;):p

I'm so over this topic...and people's inability to square up with their own insecurities about scooters, trikes and the like. Wave. Don't wave. Whatever. Being "selective" about your wave? That's just flat out fucking gay. You're a faggot. You should kill yourself.

:like:

I'll wave at anything with two wheels and a motor so long as I'm just cruising (not in accel/decel).

That's a whole lot of waving. I can't think of any vehicle that has less than two wheels, so you're waving at everything that goes down the road. Bikes, cars, semis, they've all got two wheels.

I don't wave a much of anything. Got tired of it. I'm out to ride my own ride, not acknowledge every other person that rides. Call me cranky, but that's how I roll.

Sent while riding

That's a whole lot of waving. I can't think of any vehicle that has less than two wheels, so you're waving at everything that goes down the road...

Dammit, I meant only two wheels... :p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Or build a Manx clone... everyone waves.

not just a manx, in my sand rail I get waves and thumbs up on mine constantly, I believe there is a psychosis of jealousy, or because its a vw we are just hippies who play in dirt or something. in the buggy people will look at me at the light, take pictures etc, on the bike most people seem to avoid eye contact completely.

I will wave to anyone, but trikes aren't bikes.

The can am things would probably be a fucking riot on a track, but I don't consider them to be motorcycles.

I would drift that thing at full lock or toss myself off trying.