data logging/track day info sheets

RHill

I printed and laminated a couple sheets to take to the track this year.  First was that layouts of all the tracks I plan on visiting this year shrunk down to fit front and back of a single page.  Next was a Dunlop tire datasheet.  Also printed out a few of the Catalyst Reaction race day record sheets and prepped them for upcoming dates.

I've also condensed down a couple suspension guides into a single document and removed much of the fluff...it is still 8 pages, so not really usable while at a track IMO.  Now that I think of it, something like a fault tree analysis would be ideal....not that I'd end up using it.

Last year I did something similar, but I only used the data sheets the first couple days at Nelson.

Anyone else do something similar?

you keeps notes on changes or do you have some type of template to follow each day?

I have notes from late year but they are pretty much base settings from nelson and tighten shit up ~quarter turn everywhere else.that isn't bumpy as fuck

My rear shock; as sad as it is, was placed in the middle of the range and pretty much forgot about.  I was always comfortable on exits....so I never had a reason to adjust it..

I'm hoping to tinker a bit and become more knowledgeable this season.  Consider going in requiring 1 documented suspension setting change per session "at pace" just to diversify and learn more.

I track every click and write down what the bike is doing to make me want to change the settings then document if the change made it better or worse.

I don't follow a set layout, just notes.

Edited by blue03636

I did the same thing, biggest note I would make, whoever helps with suspension, or anything, make sure measurements come from the same starting point.

I.E. if 10 clicks is from right or left, etc.  Everyone has different thinking to this so make sure you are very clear if adjustments are being made.  For me it was always from left to right.  10 clicks was turning my rear shock 10 clicks to the right from dead out left.  That was for everything.

Once I started messing with suspension I dropped a ton of time, but also helped that I was running way better tires too.

I also recommend printing out a race day schedule, heck I was just at my TH and it's still hanging on the back wall in the garage.  I highlighted EVERYTHING that was either a practice or race I could take part in, and made sure I had it hanging where I could easily see it from ground if I didn't want to go into the TH.

Dang I miss it already.