OR Decals

F4iguy

Re: Decals, I think it comes down to whether Ben owns the logo/script/font. If not, we need a new one, explicitly released to Ben. That would let him authorize it for decals supplied by someone (or anyone) else. Then, someone with decal equipment could produce these upon order, or they could be uploaded to a printer for fulfillment. I'm not volunteering, but just outlining what I see to be the next steps.

1 hour ago, smccrory said:

Re: Decals, I think it comes down to whether Ben owns the logo/script/font. If not, we need a new one, explicitly released to Ben. That would let him authorize it for decals supplied by someone (or anyone) else. Then, someone with decal equipment could produce these upon order, or they could be uploaded to a printer for fulfillment. I'm not volunteering, but just outlining what I see to be the next steps.

I've been through like six sticker vendors. Don't worry, we'll have another soon enough. In the meantime, I have tons of black and white stickers. I'll be putting info up shortly on how to get them. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

For the umpteenth time this weekend someone came up and asked about the OR decals on my bike, asking "What is Ohio Riders, your club or something?". Yeah, we have a "club". @Casper can we get patches and shit? :patriotriding::D

I tell people its my biker gang.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 2talltim said:

If you want colored ones I might or might not have a stash.

I'm looking for turquoise as option #1 and neon green as #2 for the car. And orange for the track bike. 

If not i'll wait for the next sticker guy.

I do not want to be the vendor for the OR stickers, but I can produce some now and then if needed. I can't produce them in significant enough numbers to make it viable for me to do as a regular vendor at the prices that previous vendors did (probably one of the reasons they keep falling on the wayside.) I made some for myself and can do some various colors other than the standard red/gray/white ones.

Ray

A Sign for the Times, Inc.

S. Euclid, Ohio

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Don't do it man.  Everyone that did it failed and was universally hated by everyone.

I know....that is why I made my own. Also why I started off the post with the statement that I don't want to be the vendor of them....Just thought that in the void between vendors, I can do a few for a few.

I think anyone that does agree to do these going forward as an ongoing adhoc service/business would be wise to set production parameters - i.e. will only produce once a quarter on x day of the quarter. This way A) they don't have to try to keep up with orders coming in randomly B) they can produce them in larger batches and therefore more cost effectively C) there is an expectation up front on when they will be produced and distributed.

24 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I think anyone that does agree to do these going forward as an ongoing adhoc service/business would be wise to set production parameters - i.e. will only produce once a quarter on x day of the quarter. This way A) they don't have to try to keep up with orders coming in randomly B) they can produce them in larger batches and therefore more cost effectively C) there is an expectation up front on when they will be produced and distributed.

In reality, the volume is extremely low. The first few sticker guys worked out of their basement. The best we've had so far was Art when he worked at Fast Signs. But then he left, moved to the Carolinas, etc. Then the past two were the same company really. One went under, dude bought him out, then apparently he also went under. The stickers are stupid cheap to produce. Art told me the overall cost was like a nickel each. The markup is nuts. The agreements in the past were a set number of stickers per year in exchange for free advertising on the site. They sent me the stickers. If you wanted a sticker, you sent me a SASE and I sent it back with the sticker(s). The past two (same company really) were the only ones to handle the shipping also (which you paid for). I'll most likely be going back to the SASE route. At least then I knew people were getting their stickers and not getting screwed. The other idea I've floated is including a set amount in the supporter membership, which you could then give to whoever (or keep for yourself). Lots of ideas. Mailing out stickers was a pain in the ass. And of course, I have stickers on me almost all the time. 

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Understandable, usually the best choice unless you are in a hurry. Then I go with Expensive and high quality.

Not really in a hurry. I have around 300 stickers at the house. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2016 at 7:00 PM, Casper said:

Not really in a hurry. I have around 300 stickers at the house. 

Could you provide me with Two (2ea.) white OR stickers from your house to my Mail Box? Thank You, Respectfully, Aged Beef