Iron pony new bike sales

wicked94s10

I hate to bash pony because it is super awesome to have a store like that in town.  I will say that with the caveat that you really need to be an informed consumer before you step foot in there. Some of their prices for things are really out of line.  Boots, Helmets, Gear I have to search really hard to find any better deals than what they normally have.  Fluids, oils and cleaning supplies buyer beware.  Take Mobile 1 Racing 4t in 10w-40 (what my bikes use)  Pony is asking $16.99 a quart.  Both Advance Auto and AutoZone are selling it for less than $12 a quart and most times is on sale for $9.99.   Why so much of a price hike?  Heck even Walmart shows they carry it for $9.97.

• Upvote 1

I hate to bash pony because it is super awesome to have a store like that in town. I will say that with the caveat that you really need to be an informed consumer before you step foot in there. Some of their prices for things are really out of line. Boots, Helmets, Gear I have to search really hard to find any better deals than what they normally have. Fluids, oils and cleaning supplies buyer beware. Take Mobile 1 4t in 10w-40 (what my bikes use) Pony is asking $16.99 a quart. Both Advance Auto and AutoZone are selling it for less than $12 a quart and most times is on sale for $9.99. Why so much of a price hike? Heck even Walmart shows they carry it for $9.97.

AutoZone carries 4t now. Will need to check used to not be sold around here. Sweet will save myself an arm or a leg now.

• Upvote 1

I had a great experience with their new bike sales. I called, was given a cash price, and rode my FZ6 in only to be given what I was I asking for the FZ6 on Craigslist for the trade. I was thrilled. Lennie in sales made it all come together. Perhaps I suck at negotiation, but they made money and I was satisfied with what I paid. I'll buy my next bike there if it falls within their inventory list.

I bought my Vstrom there....great deal, I made an offer, and they agreed. I bough bikes from Mark when he worked at Classic ... No complaints from me with Iron Pony...My bike had a recall on the ECU, and spark plugs, no problem there either, they ordered the parts and replaced them..I'm happy.

I always do a Spock mind meld before I do a review. That way it's balanced. I usually end up feeling sort of confused, and my counterpart feels somehow violated but, hey, fairness has its price.

Edited by DAC

How about a list of the good sales folks to look up if and when the time comes?

Iron Pony's Marc Iafola (sorry if my spelling is off) was great to work with for my two bike purchases in mid-2012 and late-2013.  He's an older dude, medium-build, zero-pressure, unassuming and especially good with new rider and pillion considerations.  My experience is that he's fair if you're fair, and won't play any stupid dealer games if you're equally honest and respectful of their time.