Three people killed, five injured at Myrtle Beach Black Bike Week

Casper

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/25/us/myrtle-beach-shootings/index.html?c=us

Not sure why the media is calling it Atlantic Beach BikeFest. The event's name is Black Bike Week. Probably because they're afraid of the whole race thing.

http://www.blackbikeweek.us/

This is damn sad. Violence should have no place at these types of events.

Black Beach Week,

Black Bike Week,

Black Bikers Week

Black Fill-in-the-Blank Week

Atlantic Beach BikeFest

It's all the same, listed as a major African American motorcycle rally

originally called the Atlantic Beach Memorial Day BikeFest.

I had to look at photos to be sure it wasn't for the purpose of celebrating

black motorcycles.  One website mentioned all were welcome.

Does anyone have a hankerin' for some chittlin's and greens?

I had the unlucky fortune of taking a vacation during the very same week as Black Bike Week in Myrtle several years ago.  Needless to say, I was so disturbed by the weeks events I said that I would never go back there again during the weeks leading up to, during, or after "Black BikeR Week".

Edit: I should add that it wasn't the entire event that was a problem, just a few bad apples in the bunch ruined it (as it is most of the time).  Most of the bikers were cool and as a fellow rider when respect was given it was reciprocated.

Edited by r1crusher

I had the unlucky fortune of taking a vacation during the very same week as Black Bike Week in Myrtle several years ago.  Needless to say, I was so disturbed by the weeks events I said that I would never go back there again during the weeks leading up to, during, or after "Black BikeR Week".

Edit: I should add that it wasn't the entire event that was a problem, just a few bad apples in the bunch ruined it (as it is most of the time).  Most of the bikers were cool and as a fellow rider when respect was given it was reciprocated.

While I think the premise is ridiculous, I would agree that the majority of the attendees just seemed to be looking for a good time, and wanted to show off their bikes.  It was definitely not my scene as far as what they were expecting to be impressive, but I understand taking pride in something that you have spent a lot of money blinging out.

I'm basing my summation on pictures btw.  There was a gallery somewhere that highlighted some of the more ridiculous happenings.  I doubt anyone was taking pictures of the 90% of the crowd behaving themselves.

I was there for vacation last week during bbw and it wasn't to bad, if anything it made it better lol. Met some cool people who loved bikes from all over the US, seen some pretty nice bikes and nothing but respect and fun while i was there, wasn't there during the shooting tho or if i was didn't know of it.