Getting back on after your first accident.

Phreon

Also, I did find Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist" video online. Though it's clearly more about track day riding, there's a lot of great info in it. Once you get past that he seems like a slightly psycho, rock-a-billy Colonel Sanders, that is.

You could always get leathers and do a track day. I assure you, you will learn more in that day, than you will in years on riding on the street. You will also be more comfortable with your motorcycle by the end of the day. You can also ride the vulcan. There is no "sport bike required" 

I've heard that in a slide some textile can melt to

your skin.

I have witnessed this with my own 4 eyes. I purchased tires from a member on here( can't remember what is user name was, he was out of cinci). He had gone down at about 30 and he clearly still had red textile stuck in his arm. I've been leather ever since. 

I found that I am picking up bad habits since going down. I am constantly reminding myself to be loose on the bars, I never had this issue before. So, I am practicing slow speed tight turns (I notice I do it more on them).

I only wear my leather jackets, due to textile melting in a crash.

I think I'd feel pretty weird wearing full leathers and showing up at a track on the '500. Plus, I'd hate to screw up and put it down. The NH 750 might be a better candidate anyway.  I don't even know where the nearest track is, Mid - Ohio? I do want to take a dirt class....  

Regarding jackets, I've abandoned my JR Phoenix 5.0 in favor of my Comet. The Comet is a hybrid - heavier Cordura than the PHX 5 had, CE armor and leather along the elbows, outer arm and shoulders. Ventilation is pretty good too with the zippers open. Most of the (non race) leather jackets I've seen lack any armor - no forking waypal....   It might be heavier, but I swapped out the foam "back protector" to a level 1 CE protector. 

Doug