WTB: Used SUV

Bad324

I've pretty much decided I don't want a monthly payment again so trying to luck out and find something lower mileage and a bit older in great condition for under $10k

If it comes down to it I'll consider it but it's just much larger than I want to deal with anymore. You'd be one of my first stops if it was something else

What kind of gas mileage does that thing get anyway?

funny gas mileage story about a suburban sized-vehicle:

My buddy's family is driving their Ford Econoline conversion van to Florida, and they realize they're about an hour overdue for a gas stop, but the tank is still over a quarter full.  Concerned that the gauge may be broken, they pull into the next rest area to fill up.

Upon opening the driver's door, it is blown backward out of his dad's hand.  They've had a ridiculous tail-wind for who knows how long, and were getting over 25 mpg at 70mph.

We took that van on ski trips a few times as well.  The handling and gas mileage were always vastly improved when all 4 tires were properly inflated.  Definitely worth a weekly check on any vehicle, but definitely larger ones.  Probably saves you a few hundred bucks a year in gas if you actually keep up with that.

Bad I know where there is a 04  Tahoe  z71 with 80k on it for 12k. I wanted to buy it but the ass hats would only do 48 months I am cheap and so are my car payments. Very clean truck with all the whistles. It is on 82 near 71 if you know what I mean. Dealer is a pain and I  wouldn't buy from them but very nice truck.  

Slap taller gears in it and it can get up to 20 on the freeway. His has the lower gears because it has the tow package.

3.73 gears. Still got the sticker. $40k truck in '02.

Edited by max power

Bad I know where there is a 04 Tahoe z71 with 80k on it for 12k. I wanted to buy it but the ass hats would only do 48 months I am cheap and so are my car payments. Very clean truck with all the whistles. It is on 82 near 71 if you know what I mean. Dealer is a pain and I wouldn't buy from them but very nice truck.

Mine is nicer and cheaper.

funny gas mileage story about a suburban sized-vehicle:

My buddy's family is driving their Ford Econoline conversion van to Florida, and they realize they're about an hour overdue for a gas stop, but the tank is still over a quarter full. Concerned that the gauge may be broken, they pull into the next rest area to fill up.

Upon opening the driver's door, it is blown backward out of his dad's hand. They've had a ridiculous tail-wind for who knows how long, and were getting over 25 mpg at 70mph.

We took that van on ski trips a few times as well. The handling and gas mileage were always vastly improved when all 4 tires were properly inflated. Definitely worth a weekly check on any vehicle, but definitely larger ones. Probably saves you a few hundred bucks a year in gas if you actually keep up with that.

Really. Econolines are about the only thing ford ever got right. Our delivery van is about to hit 300k and only serious work done was headgaskets. About 100k ago. Those things are indestructible. Like for real. My sisters and I learned to drive in it when it was new back in 2000. Unfortunately though this will most likely be its last year on the road as it's going to need some serious work to pass e check and we are probably not going to do it so it'll turn into a farm vehicle.

Really. Econolines are about the only thing ford ever got right. Our delivery van is about to hit 300k and only serious work done was headgaskets. About 100k ago. Those things are indestructible. Like for real. My sisters and I learned to drive in it when it was new back in 2000. Unfortunately though this will most likely be its last year on the road as it's going to need some serious work to pass e check and we are probably not going to do it so it'll turn into a farm vehicle.

Disagree, to a point. My last one, a 2004 E350 had 250k when it died. It was a beast.

My new 2012 E350 puked its trans at 40k and is now burning oil like an 86 Hyundai at 55k. Plastic valve covers and intake? Who's genius idea was this?

Oh yeah, now they are done. No more econolines. Only bigger versions of that pos transit. Because the little ones have proven to be such great vehicles.

Edited by max power

The wife found it and talked me in to getting it since all I've wanted for the last 3 years is a Tahoe. It was more than I wanted to spend but it's really clean for an 07 and only has 75k miles on it so I jumped