2009 SV650SF ABS - Motorcycle ADD strikes again

Tpoppa

***SOLD***

Long story short...I've never ridden and SV650S.  I bought one for a second bike.  It runs great & it handles well, but it doesn't fit me as well as the CBR so I am not going to keep it.

IMO, this is the best and hardest to find version of the SV650.  It's blue with the white stripe down the middle.  It comes with the lower fairing stock, and it has ABS.

The Good

Never wrecked or dropped.

About 5200 miles.  

Tires are better than 60%.  

Cosmetically it's a 9.  It has a few nicks from being in the garage, it's in very nice condition overall.

Mechanically A1  

Delkevic Carbon Shorty pipe - sounds like a proper twin - medium loudness.

LED flush mount turn signals front

Integrated LED tail/turn signals

Fender eliminator

Previous owner modified the stock seat with a gel insert.  It's comfortable, but kind of ugly.  If I were to keep it, I'd get another seat off ebay.  I'll post pics.

$4,950.  Might consider a trade for an interesting naked bike or sport tourer.

I'll post actual pics in a few days.

Edited by Tpoppa

• 3 weeks later...

This will be going to ebay next week.  Don't be afraid to make an offer.  You owe it to yourself to have a motorcycle with ABS.

I will allow test rides with a fat stack of hundreds in my hand.

I've already talked myself into another motorcycle :)

You owe it to yourself to have a motorcycle with ABS.

Without question this is excellent advice.  That is a beautiful SV650S ABS, for sure.

Great choice for Jackflash, but he keeps dreaming of high hp machines for some reason. Man I would love to have this, oh how I fancy those bikes.

As you said Brian, modern fuel-injected 650-class bikes have a shit-ton more power and grins per gallon than he knows.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sold.  The guy who bought it is going to tear it apart.  He's going to use the motor, ECM, & ABS then sell the rest on eBay.

He builds lightweight, three wheeled vehicles that get around 140 mpg for the Craig Vetter fuel milage challenge.  Interesting.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/2013-Challenges/2013-Vintage-Days-Challenge.html

Steve-Crimmel-86-det-web.jpg

Sold.  The guy who bought it is going to tear it apart.  He's going to use the motor, ECM, & ABS then sell the rest on eBay.

He builds lightweight, three wheeled vehicles that get around 140 mpg for the Craig Vetter fuel milage challenge.  Interesting.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/2013-Challenges/2013-Vintage-Days-Challenge.html

Steve-Crimmel-86-det-web.jpg

He sounds like an asshole, and I don't like him.

I didn't have any emotional attachment the SV.  I thought I would like it a lot more than I did, but it just wasn't the right bike for me.  I will say that the revsions they made to the motor on the Gladius make it significantly better than on the SV.