Anyone riding this Friday (7-04-14) or Sunday (7-06-14)?

OhioBob

I am planning to head south (Southern Ohio) and possibly into Northern KY along the Ohio River and maybe back across on a ferry.

I briefly made a route on yahoo maps, but not sure if I will do it all.  However, it is some of the best roads in my area, plenty of twisties, elevation changes, perfect scenery, etc.

Wasn't sure if anyone was heading my way, we could meet up and ride some.  I will be riding my VTX, as my CBR needs new tread before I can blast down the road on it again.

Just saying.

OhioBob

How the heck does one add a link to the map I created in yahoo on this forum?  It is extremely frustrating at the moment, trying to figure this out, which should be pretty simple, if you ask me.

Not sure if you're using the 'new' GoogleMap or the classic version, but the process is similar.  In the new G-map, click on the Tool logo (the little thing that looks like a gear in the lower right corner of the page) and you will see a couple of options to either share the map link or embed the map in your message.

For instance:  Hillsboro to Cave Run Lake  (just a quick example)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hillsboro,+OH+45133/38.0309124,-83.4438694/@38.6153167,-84.0339086,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x8840d4bda1864f15:0x4638c5f16d443358!2m2!1d-83.611587!2d39.2022866!1m0

FYI. Not trying to hijack your thread, OB…just putting this here since the thread is about riding later this week.

I know there aren't many OR peeps located in the Cinti area, but thought this might be of some interest to folks.

Rob Giles (Dice32) posted a ride event on LocalRiders/AFJ that is gonna explore the backroads in NKY on Thursday, 7/3.

Will include many of the great ones like 227 south from Owenton to Stamping Ground--definitely worth the trip!!!

Pace will be 'spirited' but not gonzo crazy (prolly not more than about 15-20 over).

Usually a mix of both sport bikes, DS bikes and cruisers, whatever else shows up.

Riders should be very comfortable/competent riding twisty, rural roads at speed.

Group ALWAYS waits for the tail riders/counts heads at every turn.

Link here: http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=163884#post163884

Edited by Bubba

probably out Friday (family stuff), but I will definitely be getting some riding in this weekend.  My bike stalled out on me on the highway yesterday, so until I can confirm that it was just a minor fuel delivery issue (i'm hoping dirty/clogged petcock - it started and ran fine on reserve, but the tank was almost full...) I won't be riding to Kentucky!

I'll likely take a leisurely ride through the Brecksville Metroparks, and then continue through Peninsula.  I turn around and slab it home when I lose interest in the scenery, or when I get hungry.

I'm planning on travelling somewhere during this holiday weekend. Have Friday and Monday off work, so I have quite a wide area of potential to ride.

Maybe WV again....maybe a single motel night....maybe ride down to Burkes Garden MD?

I rode WV 250 from Moundsville to Hundred last week.  When in good shape that is a great stretch of road.  Unfortunately, it's in awful shape right now and should be avoided until it gets repaved.  WV7 from Hundred to New Martinsville, is in decent shape.  That's as far as I've made it into WV this season.