Need An Opinion on the Buell

JohnG

So I picked up this 03 XB9S last December.  I've done some routine maintenance and general cleanup and put a few hundred miles on it.  I like it.  A lot.  But I'm concerned that maybe I didn't do a careful enough check out when I bought it.

It seems to have a knock in the front end of the motor/trans somewhere.  It had a pretty good rattle to it also, but I cleaned that up with a primary chain adjustment.  Now I'm worried that I've got something more serious going on.

Question.  Where/to whom should I take the bike for a check out?  There's a Buell mechanic at Northstar HD but the shop fees are pretty pricey.    Suggestions?

Very cool...  Thanks all.  Looking to find someone to give a listen and get their opinion.  Fourth of July weekend is a pretty busy time, so hard to get ahold of folks.  I'm hoping that its just a noisy plant.  

They are loud engines naturally. These bikes require little maintainence so unless it's been thrashed I doubt it's anything to worry about. Record the sounds/symptoms you were referring to and post them up either here or on badweatherbikers.com. We will get you straightened out quickly enough.

I don't know of any local shops to take it to. Although any decent Harley dealer should be able to sort you out. It is a Harley sourced engine after all.