Need opinion on optics - M&P AR 15/22

max power

M&P AR 15/22

Looking for a good inexpensive scope for my new toy. I'm a complete noob to optics and don't want to spend too much on something I don't need for such a short range weapon and don't want to waste $ on junk.

I'm assuming I need 3-9x40? Trying to keep it under $100.

Please purge your optics knowledge below.

Edited by max power

Looking for a good inexpensive scope for my new toy. I'm a complete noob to optics and don't want to spend too much on something I don't need for such a short range weapon and don't want to waste $ on junk.

I'm assuming I need 3-9x40? Trying to keep it under $100.

Please purge your optics knowledge below.

Couple of questions,

What caliber?

What platform Ar, Ak ect?

Main function Home defense, hunting ect?

• Upvote 1

Bushnell Banner model 713948 is about $80 on average or less on sale.  I got mine for $65.  It's a 3-9x40mm with the multiplex reticle.  I run one on my 10/22 and have no problems hitting stuff out to 300 yards with it.

IMG_1043.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the input guys.

Now for a noob question:

Not sure if this makes a difference in scopes or not, but I'd also like to be able to use the flip up sights for close range stuff. Is there a certain type of ring I need to buy to make that possible?

Not sure you want to put a rifle type scope on that weapon but if you do lets talk this weekend. I have a few in the safe just sitting that we can set you up with for now. Personally i would go a different direction with that firearm but it is all preference.

I second the nikon or bushnell banner. I use a nikon prostaff on my .22 great glass for the money. I have a bushnell on a older glenfield and its also a good cheaper scope. Both should be under a $100. As for rings dont think they make a set of see through rings that would work on a ar platform. Or at least none i can think of off hand. You could swap out irons to a 45° set and tilt the gun to use them.