Any FZ1 owners?

silentcropduster

Check out the FZ-09. It's much lighter and narrower than the FZ1 and is probably the same horsepower as your 750.

In all honesty I'd like to ride all 3, I just watched a few online review s of the fz09 this morning, the stock suspension and brakes are junk, or so every online review claims.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by silentcropduster

I could live with the stock suspension on the fz1 or z1000, but not on the fz9.

Just curious, have you ridden one? If so, what did you think of it other than the suspension?

Also, let me just throw this out there, when I was looking for a naked bike, there were no better deals to be had and second GEN FZ1's.

It really is a great street bike for the money.

Just curious, have you ridden one? If so, what did you think of it other than the suspension?

Also, let me just throw this out there, when I was looking for a naked bike, there were no better deals to be had and second GEN FZ1's.

It really is a great street bike for the money.

I've sat on a few FZ9s but haven't ridden one.  It feels under damped and under sprung, pretty common for budget suspension.  The reviews I've read say the  suspension is pretty consistent with some bikes I have ridden, though.  

The springs and damping rates felt really close to the Suzuki Gladius I used to have.  It was good for 6-7/10 pace with stock suspension.  It was good for 9/10 pace after I modded the suspension.

On less than perfect Ohio roads I can live budget brakes, not suspension though.   I'd love to see Yamaha release an "R" version of the FZ9.

There's a good chance next year's FZ1 will be updated...the gen II has been out as long as the gen I was

And that is what I'm hoping for the gen II to decrease in price and then maybe I'll finally give up the VFR for one

Have a gen1 fz1 and had a ninja 1000. The ninja is better handling better stock suspension and a better street motor, but not as refined as the fz1. I found myself missing the fz1 when riding the kawasaki. I decided to stay with the fz1, as it is smoother and slightly more comfortable.

• Upvote 1

Considering going to the FZ1 platform. If I did it would be an 06 or newer.

What bike did u have b4 the FZ1?

What do you dislike about the FZ1?

Can you hang with other liter bikes if the occasion calls?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a prior generation version, so mine's not quite comparable, but --

I had a 2000 Katana 750.

I sort of dislike that most of the power is very high in the band. For everyday riding I would have preferred a more gradual torque curve. On the other hand, I'm sort of glad that you have to for sanity reasons; don't want to be doing power wheelies everywhere I go.

I've had mine up to 135 and it was smooth as butter. I don't know about "hanging" with other liter bikes but it's faster than you'll ever need it to be on the road. Pretty sharp handling, light-feeling.