anyone still street ride a supermoto?

rotaxripstick

I'd be all for it but having a brand new bike that's only a month old and taking a chance of wrecking it just doesn't seem sensible. Plus got a trip planned to Tennessee next week.

...it's a supermoto, they're not pretty.

Track is controlled environment. Much the reason we try to get people to come to Mid Ohio and do track days. You are safer at the track. And like already said it's a sumo, pick it up and keep going. Besides, you wanted to make me look bad on the 450 remember. Don't back out now, you asked for ride groups. And it's a sumo, don't baby it

Why wait for Kart tracks? You could've brought it to Mid Ohio with me

It's coming next time. I didn't think they'd let me run it for whatever the reason!

I may swing by g&j sat and run some laps if I'm able too. What do they require to ride ?

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I asked for a ride group to street ride and you took the topic to track riding which I have no interest in and I don't have the proper safety gear for. Do I need to ask for supermoto street riders in a different section?

is the pavement softer on the street?   Do you not hit 70 mph on the highway?  Not having proper safety gear is an issue regardless of where you're riding.

This notion that something about being on the track makes people crash, or at all more likely to crash, is just silly...  I admit that I crash a lot more often at the track that on the street, but honestly, I turn more track miles lately, and I'm consciously pushing a lot harder on the track because I know it's a safer environment

You can circulate the track at a 'street' pace if you want.

I consider proper safety gear for the track being full leathers. For the street, jacket, helmet, gloves, jeans, and flip flops.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

:lol: You are going to fit in just fine!!

I apologize if my tone got snotty or adversarial - I'm predisposed to both, especially online.

there will be a GROUP of people RIDING bikes that began life as dirt machines at G&J on Saturday.  I think that's why Todd brought up the kart track in the first place. The $25 fee is extremely reasonable for the opportunity to go as fast as you deem safe, without risk of tickets, cars, gravel, deer, or other road-related hazards.  I know Kent was also looking into having Dolly on site for medical staff and timing/scoring help as well.  Like I said, your $25 would be well-spent.

If you need to buy/rent/borrow some gear, someone will likely help you out.  I would have shipped you my spare 2-piece suit with more notice that you needed it. 

Wow that's really nice of you guys. I tell ya what. Next time your at g&j I'll come do a practice. I can't this weekend because I've got some home remodeling stuff to do and im going to Tennessee next weekend but after that im free. Just pm me and I'll come for sure.

This is the only weekend at G&J.

The idea in your head that you need more safety gear at the track than on the street is absurd.

You are in a safer environment on the track with us than on the street with God knows who all around you in 4000# hunks of steel.

Do as you wish though

Well I've went 30,000 + miles on the street with no accidents whatsoever. The only other piece of safety gear I dont have is the pants. The rest I wear everytime no matter how short the trip. My point being I don't go ham on the street. But on the track im going to give it my all because I would be there ( for me ) to test my full ability and my bikes full ability. That's why you on a race track. To progress

Well I've went 30,000 + miles on the street with no accidents whatsoever. The only other piece of safety gear I dont have is the pants. The rest I wear everytime no matter how short the trip. My point being I don't go ham on the street. But on the track im going to give it my all because I would be there ( for me ) to test my full ability and my bikes full ability. That's why you on a race track. To progress

It's just the go kart track.

Anywho...

It will be OMRL's only weekend at G&J, but I and a few other locals ride there often, usually weekends for me.

This weekend will be the best for practice because no karts to share track time with (not allowed on track w/karts, so have to switch on and off sessions).

What time does practice start

I don't know, I have to work till noon, and probably arrive out there by 1-130.

I'd imagine... 10-12ish start till 5-6ish stop. Although G&J allows you to run till dark.