MotoSeries Round 5 - Nelson Ledges

RHill

Just let me know what to bring.  I'm sure Sam's grill is better than mine :).  I got Moose,Deer,wild turkey and I think I still have some pheasant left.    I'll see if the wife will make some taco dip.  Who's bringing the double stuff?  

Congrats to Brandon on his first TWO Expert wins! He won both 600 SBK races and now he and I are separated by one point in the championship. Should be a fun last two rounds! With 4 weeks until the next round I'm hoping my elbow will be good to go.

Unfortunately, Ryan had a fairly bad off today and suffered some injuries. Let's hope he has a quick recovery. Im sure he knows that if he needs anything, we're here for him.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Brandon on his first TWO Expert wins! He won both 600 SBK races and now he and I are separated by one point in the championship. Should be a fun last two rounds! With 4 weeks until the next round I'm hoping my elbow will be good to go.

Unfortunately, Ryan had a fairly bad off today and suffered some injuries. Let's hope he has a quick recovery. Im sure he knows that if he needs anything, we're here for him.

Yes it was ugly.  Steve and I are stopping out to see him tomorrow and I think Brandon is going to try and make it as well. 

Brandon was on it this weekend with 3 wins. 

Thanks Matt, it felt good to get 3 wins and a 3rd in the 750gt. Never had such a good weekend, but unfortunately it has a dark cloud with Ryan and all. I should be able to meet you guys there Craig and Steve. I might be more like 6:30 but I'm sure that's not a big deal.

Anyone know if Ron was able to get a hold of his family?

I spoke to his mom a few times before I left the hospital around 6 tonight. She was about an hour out at that point. She said she will probably stay with him for a few days after they release him. I spoke to the Dr. before I left and they are not sure how long they are going to keep him for observation. I would recommend checking with him before anyone heads up to visit.

On a lighter note to add to his now famous answer to what day is it? Answer: "Race day".

He told his mom on the phone that he was heading back to the track to hang out.

Shit...I saw Brandon's hardware and didn't know those were double 600 wins! Congrats man!! My FIL got some solid pics of the guys, and he even commented how "that kid on the black 224 bike was getting in leaned on its side and flying". 

I will be calling the hospital around 2 to get an update on visiting Ryan and will pass along whatever they tell me. Mad props to Ron for rolling out to be there with Ryan, and to some of the MS guys (not sure if Eric and Bob are on here) for helping with getting his gear to our place. Ryan's incident reinforces the gravity of our chosen sport. Just glad he wasn't hurt any worse, as he could have been were it not for smart, fast decisions made by the guys behind him.

Was personally a shitty day, partly of my own choosing I guess. I picked the wrong tire to stay with for the day and watched guys race in the sun later. Lesson learned, and will have two sets of rims next season.

On a lighter note to add to his now famous answer to what day is it? Answer: "Race day".

He told his mom on the phone that he was heading back to the track to hang out.

Conscious and saying ridiculous shit is still better than unconscious.