OMRL Round 6 - Sat Aug 23rd

bark615

Who is ready to go racing this weekend? :)

This will be a normal day race.

<reposted from OMRL forum>

Unfortunately CRP has not made enough progress on the lights to guarantee us lights on Aug. 23. We are forced to move the race to our normal time.

Registration 8:30

Riders Meeting 9:30

Practice 9:45-11:30

Racing 11:45

bumping it up!

As far as I know, rental bikes are still available, but they need to know how many to pack ASAP. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be a hot one.  JB and I will have shade and ice cold water if anyone stops by to watch, or rides out in full gear with a rental bike waiting for them.

I will be by for some pointers and cold water! :)

Completely redid the bike after G&J...we will see how the new set up performs. Was hoping to get some practice in last night but rain put the cabosh to that!

I'll give you your pointers right now:  Follow Gavin/Kent/Devon.  More gas, less brake.  Pass the guy in front of you. :D

But seriously, remind me to be geared up early so we can turn some early practice laps with no traffic.  I'll chase you for 5 or so laps.  Can record you if you want to see where I run up on your wheel.

• Upvote 1

Completely redid the bike after G&J...we will see how the new set up performs. Was hoping to get some practice in last night but rain put the cabosh to that!

Buy yourself a Gopro curved adhesive camera mount tonight and I'll let you borrow a gopro for practice so you can record your session while you chase then lead from Chris. ;)

Euen46vl.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am in trouble...Had issue with rear tire being mounnted backwards and had to have it swapped around...with work schedule I am just getting around to instlling tonight, of course (dumb ass me) the chain is streched and too long for new sprockets...Found a new chain and purchased tonight but i dont have a chain break! If any of you guys see this before the am and have one please bring with you...I will pay for help in beer or cash just want to race!!

HUGE THANKS to my team mate Todd today!! had some problems last night and even though he was not racing he still showed up before going to a family function to get me race ready...did not stop there, adjusted brakes multiple times, idle etc. and had bike !00% race ready, all i had to do was get on it and not screw up.

• Upvote 2

HUGE THANKS to my team mate Todd today!! had some problems last night and even though he was not racing he still showed up before going to a family function to get me race ready...did not stop there, adjusted brakes multiple times, idle etc. and had bike !00% race ready, all i had to do was get on it and not screw up.

Awesome. Todd is a good dude.