Back from long absence

NDspd

Hey all, been 3 years now, I'm finally done with college and back in Tipp City, OH area. I had a little white Ninja 250 last time I met with some of you and I was one hell of a noob rider, but things have changed. I've now got a 2002 Triumph Speed Triple and I've now got some track experience.

Hope to see you guys out there!

• Upvote 2

Yah that's right I did have the Blue SV 650...well last January it was totaled in a nasty accident from some lady who decided to cross over 4 lanes of traffic right in front of me.

Here's a pic of my current ride:

14187042360_37fd3ceb43_b.jpg

love that generation of triumph. Had an 02 sprint myself. The 955 engine is fantastic, and I didn't realize how great of an engine it truly was until, I didn't own it anymore :-\  I'm in the troy area, and ride fairly regularly, so If you spot a blue 2000 SV or a blue yamaha super moto, its a good chance its me. Stop and say hello! 

oldschoolsdime, I think I have seen you around a few times.

As for photo location, that spot is in Savannah, GA...bit of a long ride...lol

As for the bike itself, other than the repairs I've done, it's been an awesome bike. I love the motor, but I really want the better performance of the newer speedies. Loads of torque and plenty of power, the mpg's are not bad on the highway too. The only thing I wish was better, was the loudness of the exhaust.

Edited by NDspd

Once I get a full time job I may replace the exhaust with something shorter. Danmoto looks really good right now. From the sample I saw online, they sound awesome, maybe a little overboard, but I like them.

Not a dan moto fan. I'm a sucker for little details, and the ones I've seen lack that.

I don't know what "little details" they are missing, it's an exhaust pipe... they have way more details than any stock pipe and they use real carbon fiber, stainless rivets, stamp the brand name on the tip rather than use a big gaudy sticker. I'm just saying for the price you pay for one, you get pretty damn good quality materials put together well for a good functional piece, I honestly expected much worse. Looks great on my bike, completes the look IMO. but I have seen the same exact one I have on a cbr and it wasn't a good fit for a fully faired sport bike. But They do Have Different Styles other Than the tube style I have. So depending on which ones you've seen and which bikes they were on, I can see your distaste for them.