1995 ECLIPSE GS for sale, OR price $2900

claine650

Have had the car on CL for a while now with tons of interest but no one serious come through.

Taking a loss on money and time invested but that's expected.

Car is reliable, super fun to drive, and gets awesome gas mileage, best of all world's.

For those of you with a kid turning 16 soon or those of you who like cars (enjoy driving them) this is a great car.

I've owned it since 86,000 miles and it's been perfect for my needs.

It's not the prettiest car as it sits, it does need a paint job and a little elbow grease to look great again, I don't think it looks too bad but thats subjective. I've focused all my time and attention on everything but the paint and body since I've owned it. So anyway, any of you on here have any interest or know anyone else who might be please pass the word along.

It does great in the snow, actually very fun to drive in the snow. Could be a very light project for someone who would want to paint it and make it their own style, or just drive it as is and it'll take you anywhere you want to go.

Thanks.

84493cbf4fe7b77f816e2f025f2a3ca1.jpg http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4606651873.html

Yep me too, learned how to drive in one of these when I was 14, brother had one, sister had one, naturally I got one as well. Always wanted the 4G63 AWD just too pricey back when I was in the market for one, not to mention the maintenance costs are pretty significant on those motors.

These 420A motors are very comparable to the civic SI DOHC in terms of reliability and super cheap and easy to work on, but overall a better chassis than the civics. Thanks tho

that body style has aged really well. 

I didn't like the "cheese-grater" doors on the generation that followed this one, and the most recent body style is a (mildly uglier) copy of this generation.  I think the front end on the mid-90's models are better looking than the more recent ones.

GLWS

that body style has aged really well.

I didn't like the "cheese-grater" doors on the generation that followed this one, and the most recent body style is a (mildly uglier) copy of this generation. I think the front end on the mid-90's models are better looking than the more recent ones.

GLWS

Yeah, after 1999 it all went down hill for the eclipse, no turbo option, no AWD option, and progressively got worse looking. They took away the very things that made these cars desirable. how could they think they were on the right track when the last of these cars made in 2011 came with a v6 as the top tier engine yet it would still get smashed by a stock 1989 gst. That's just funny.

smashed how?  In a straight line?  that would surprise me.  the 3.8 V6 was a monster in that small of a car.   But that was the problem - it plowed like a pig if you tried to turn it.  The 2011 car weighed over 3,500 lbs, whereas yours is 2,800.  The 3.8 made over 260hp, and good torque, but it wasn't the right formula for that vehicle.  They really should have stuck with light weight and turbo I-4's...

smashed how? In a straight line? that would surprise me. the 3.8 V6 was a monster in that small of a car. But that was the problem - it plowed like a pig if you tried to turn it. The 2011 car weighed over 3,500 lbs, whereas yours is 2,800. The 3.8 made over 260hp, and good torque, but it wasn't the right formula for that vehicle. They really should have stuck with light weight and turbo I-4's...

Well when I say the early model in stock form would smash, I'm assuming the driver of that car would have turned up the boost and maybe even put an exhaust on it over the course of 22 years :)

But the 4G63 is such a pliable and easy motor to get power gains out of, even virtually stock, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it go toe to toe in a straight with the latest model.