the Get Go, if at all possible since I'll be coming from

Port Columbus, and not Newark. I have to work this

weekend, but if I can get my work done early enough

Saturday morning, I may make Logan before everyone is

gone, otherwise, I'll cruise down to Nelsonville and join in

there.

What is the fuel stop in Nelsonville, in case I have to wait

for groups to get there?

Think the Nelsonville stop was at a Speedway just before the right turn onto Burr Oak? The BP stop was in Malta, iirc. Edited by Hellmutt

I'll be meeting you in Groveport.  Sorry for the late chime in, waiting to see what I got done earlier this week to reduce Saturday work hours...

No problem, I'll add you to the Groveport list

I'll try to meet you at the Get-Go in groveport. If I can get the bike to start in the AM. Been having troubles with it when it's chill in the AM.

Hope she fires right up for ya, I'll add you to the list too

Hey quick question for anyone....

Just had another new tire put on the back and will ride it for the first time this afternoon. What is a typical break in period, like mileage wise?

Gonna try and get maybe 100 miles on it this evening before the ride tomorrow.

Just scuff it in with some slow turns. Lean a little further each time at low speed. When the shine is gone its good to go.

This.

There is no real break in period. Skuff in by doing some leaning and bring the tire up to temp with accel/brake. Good to go.

**edit

Forgot to add: once skuffed in, huge mega wheelies.

Edited by 3.504

You are not alone lol. I literally Just put a new set of tires on. I wont have time to run them until my trip to the meetup point tomorrow. I'm not worried about it. Just be careful and watch your throttle the first few times you drop into a turn. The road will eat up the mold release and whatnot pretty quick.

Much yes. Very mega. Such wheelie.

Looking forward to meeting everybody tomorrow. Here is my number in case someone needs to get ahold of me for some reason,

1740 tree 576892

Just scuff it in with some slow turns. Lean a little further each time at low speed. When the shine is gone its good to go.

This.

There is no real break in period. Skuff in by doing some leaning and bring the tire up to temp with accel/brake. Good to go.

**edit

Forgot to add: once skuffed in, huge mega wheelies.

You are not alone lol. I literally Just put a new set of tires on. I wont have time to run them until my trip to the meetup point tomorrow. I'm not worried about it. Just be careful and watch your throttle the first few times you drop into a turn. The road will eat up the mold release and whatnot pretty quick.

Much yes. Very mega. Such wheelie.

Looking forward to meeting everybody tomorrow. Here is my number in case someone needs to get ahold of me for some reason,

1740 tree 576892

Haha, thanks guys. Yeah I am much less worried about it after reading some info online as well.

I just got a new set this past spring and once they broke in good, I definitely was popping some accidental, but high, wheelies. That was also my first experience breaking in new tires so the mega sticky grip was a pretty cool experience.

Now sadly I feel my clutch is on its last limbs, so I'll need to be somewhat easy-on-er. then new clutch this winter, then nasty spring wheelies :)

What is a typical break in period, like mileage wise?

When I got new tires put on at Iron Pony, I rode

straight home on the freeway, to Newark.  That's

30+/- miles.  I was actually

surprised how little of the shiny surface there

was, left at the extreme edge of the tire, when I

got home.

My next ride was with the  fast boys

from NEO, to Hocking Hills, riding like it was on

fire.  The freeway ride home scuffed them up

enough to take any worries away. 

Antici.........pation!

Since my mornings are always rushed, I have all my

clothes and gear laid out in a manner that photo

reminds me of. 

Tank bag is on the table so that I can throw stuff in

and dash off.  I'll be out of here like a bullet.