New MC Jacket - High Vis?

Connie14

I will be upgrading my MC jacket soon. I am trying to decide between the Aerostich Darien, Firstgear TPG Ranier, or the Klim Latitude. I am currently leaning toward the Firstgear Ranier in high vis.

Does anyone have any experience with these jackets, and any suggestions?

I am also interested on people’s opinion of high vis. I don't care for how it looks when off the bike. However, if high vis is really beneficial, then I may get it.

Since I started wearing a hi-vis jacket, I've had two truck drivers walk over at gas stops and tell me how much easier it is to see me from their perspective in the truck. That's all the verification I need, but I've also noticed that I have fewer cages pull out in front of me or cut me off. Just one data point for ya.

I bought a hi-vis rain jacket, because if it is raining hard

enough that I need to wear it, other vehicles may have

difficulty seeing me through the all the water on their

windows.  Other than that, I'm not a high-vis

fan just for everday riding.  It's not my thing.

I have the transition III in hi viz and love it, I had the II for 7 years and it was just a great jacket.

Do you notice less people cutting you off with a high vis jacket?

With your Transition jacket did you have any things easily break? I have the Venture and Air Venture pants. I have had a number of annoyances like zippers easily breaking and liners ripping.

Do you notice less people cutting you off with a high vis jacket?

With your Transition jacket did you have any things easily break? I have the Venture and Air Venture pants. I have had a number of annoyances like zippers easily breaking and liners ripping.

I have honestly never had an issue with people pulling out in front of me no matter what jacket I wore, but my buds that ride with me sure have no issues seeing me up ahead. I also am a fan of white helmets, and no I have never had a zipper or velcro fail on my Transition jackets.

I just bought new Olympia gear. It's the three season stuff and I'm very pleased with it so far. I considered hi vis, but man it's just so bright. Went with light grey with reflective stripes.

Done about 1200 miles with it so far and am pleased, it breathes well on a warm day and on a 55 degree evening I put the thermal liner in and stayed toasty warm. Haven't gotten to try it in the rain yet.

my buddy has the Olympia Motoquest jacket, and it is one of the nicest, most versatile jackets i have ever seen in my life.

Thanks. I think I'll be getting either the Olympia Motoquest or Nomad. They seem to be really nice jackets.