95 fzr 600 track bike ( wrecked)

o-no-moto

Ok so i am going to try and get rid of the ole girl. As some of you know i flipped my bike over the summer. Some of you i have met on the last 3 group rides and saw me riding this bike. Bike has around 26 thousand miles. After i got it home i threw a little oil in it and it still runs starts. All the plastic is pretty much runied along with the speedo cluster but the tact still works. The forks are not bent the frame is still straght the very rear of the tail is bent to the left. I was going to heat up the sub frame and push in back over but at this point i am ready to walk away from it and upgrade to a newer bike.Dont think the pipe is heavly damaged and i did jet the carbs last season. would love to get 900$ but i know it wont happen just want to have a litte wiggle room. Not to good on putting tothe pics on the post but i do have them on my profile.

The fzr actually had the best chassis out of all of them. Perfect 50-50 distribution. The motor was good, made like 87 hp to the wheel. Stock suspension was good for the era, as were the brakes. Only complaint I had about mine was the flat spot in the midrange. Pulled great till 3.5k then fell asleep till 7k. Handling was light and lively, very responsive but a little too much feedback on uneven pavement due to soggy damping in the forks...easily fixed with harder springs and a little heavier oil in the forks....still a solid bike, wish I had mine back.

IMAG0141.jpg

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

Yeah I really enjoyed having this as my second street bike. My first one was the 85 fz 600 omg the 95 was night and day difference. Someone could take this and street fighter it out. I would but the whole street fighter thing isnt my cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...

The motor ran tiptop. Last year Chad went through the valvetrain and got everything shimmed back to spec, he also went through the carbs and got the mix jetted properly. Straighten the subframe, slap on some track plastics, and this thing would be ready for a trackday. GLWS bro

the WERA guys claim there is a relatively simple F2 swap with different spacers.

Regardless, I wouldn't be in a hurry to make this into an expensive project.  It's a running bike for $700...  Find the best tires available in 18" and just ride it...  this is a perfect solution for anyone who wants a track bike that is comparable to their street ride, but doesn't want to risk a $7000 mistake with it.

He rode street with it until he dumped it. It's a clear titled bike, but he figured it would be easiest/cheapest for potential buyers to offer it up as a track bike since the lights and fairings are done in.

I'd street fighter it....couple HID fog lamps off a Ford explorer, flop on a $100 ebay gauge cluster, rattle can the tail plastics and ride that fucker like you stole it.

or you could skip the headlights and just take it to the track like he suggested :p

I will throw in the truck and half the gas if you let me take a couple laps. :popcorn:

No trailer required.

There ya go Sam. You and gsxkat split the cost of the bike, store it at his place, and share it at some trackdays

Tempting but here's the thing:

Nick already has like 4 or 5 bikes in his garage and only 1 of them starts. Last thing he needs is another project bike. I also have multiple bikes and one is currently awaiting my attention to tear down the motor and figure out why I'm missing a chunk of head gasket.

I'm sure that once I started digging into this fizzer I'd find lots of things to upgrade and spend gobs of cash on it...it's what I do to every bike I buy.

Just too busy right now...