motherfucking snow...

redkow97

Took the Boulevard out in the flurries for 15 minutes and a fuel tank top-off today, in jeans and summer gear.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'll remove it's lead acid battery and bring it in the house.  Leaving the heated gear and Li-ion battery(it does well in cold) on the 300 for random warm days.

Sentra gets about 26. Our brand new legacy also gets 26. That's city tho. She took it to Dayton and it got 35 or so. Having trouble finding one that doesn't have a ton of miles. The sentra has 102k miles and I'm the 2nd owner. Found an 05 legacy with 137k on cl for 5 grand.

I miss the hell out of it, but this is what is best for my kids. It came down to miss the floor work, or miss my kids. I would rather work on my own shit to keep busy and be able to teach my kids all about it than never see them like it was before I got this job.

I'm seriously considering selling my 07 sentra and buying an older legacy or imprezza

Just don't go too old. I had a 96 Legacy with not many miles and it was rotting everywhere so bad it needed to be junked. My sister has an 01 Impreza and the front subframe was so rotted it required replacement last year. They have great drivetrains but do not hold up to salt.

Car cancer is an issue in Ohio no matter what. Just take a look at my truck.

My next truck will have rustproofing done no matter what. I'm tired of vehicles rusting out before the engine is broken in. The engine in my truck has 207k and will probably run another 100k, but the body looks like it has 500k on it.

I. Hate. Rust.

Both my Chevy's have around 135k on them (05 and a 07), my 98 Pontiac I sold 2 years ago had 188k on it. No garage, never seen the point of washing them much in the winter and non of them have a spec of body cancer on them. I think chevy has it figured out now. Now this isn't bashing any other brands, I'm (I hate this phrase) "just sayin "

Edited by 2talltim

I broke down and bought a snow blower.

I spent way more than I intended.

Did the driveway last night and I have to say, that snow blower was worth every penny.

100 yard driveway that's double lane and opens up into a 4 car wide pad in the back... 45 minutes.

I bet I could call off work and make more money running this thing up and down the neighborhood than showing up to work when it's snowy.