Ecigs, vaporizers and other tobacco alternatives

Gixxus Christ!

Upgraded my setup last night.  Nothing major, just went to the Aspire 2.4ml tank with 1.8ohm replaceable coils.   Was only a couple bucks more than the disposables and I'll save money in the long run just replacing coils.  The sales kid tried persuading me into the pyrex dual coil tanks, but I'm not planning on this being a new full time venture so this new setup will suffice.  I'm only $100 deep on everything so far and have enough to last me until March

http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/

Got 2 vials of juice today from these guys, root beer and blue voodoo. Delicious. Shipping is cheap and quick (comes from michigan) and they send a free sample of one of their development flavors (0% nicotine). You can choose nicotine and vg % when ordering. Highly recommend these guys. If you're not into the heavily perfume or incense flavored stuff give em a look. A lot of the 'name brand' juice I've bought was disappointing. This is not.

Wow. Another article demonizing e cigs. It's either the news agency making any nicotine users look bad, because there was nothing on how the study was conducted, or rjr and Phillip Morris paying them to run smear stories..

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/are-e-cigarettes-safe-to-use-new-research-shows-metals-found-in-vapor-of-electronic-cigarettes

I smoked analogs for 24yrs, and I loved them! Those on here that know me knew that I'd smoke a cigerette wherever possible. Working nights almost exclusively, my cigerettes and coffee where more important that food at times!

On October 7, 2013, I smoked my last cigerette! I had purchased an Ego twist battery and Mini Protank setup, a couple juices...then a couple more, and found I really enjoyed vaping. Over the course of two weeks, I slowly reduced the number of analogs I'd smoke every day...until one day I just didn't want them anymore.

I now rock a Mini Provari Stealth with either a carto tank setup, or a Kayfun Lite Plus RBA. I love that with carto tanks I can carry multiple tanks ready to go...but the flavor is highly muted compared to a quality RBA. One hit from the RBA, and you'd be like TAKE MY MONEY!

Building coils is a breeze, and only need rebuilt every few week. Sterile cotton balls from CVS, boiled, make an excellent wick.

Juice...God, where to start...

My go to places:

The Vapor Chef, Grants Vanilla Custard, Bryces Vanilla Creme Custard, Five Pawns Absolute Pin and Castle Long Reserve, Pluid if I'm feeling it for the day...but never an all day vape...

I've seriously have enough juice to last me a year if I didn't buy anymore.

Is it cheaper than smoking? It CAN BE. Some people make it a hobbie. I just wanted something that was going to work 100% of the time, and be relatively maintenece free. I'm saving money NOW...but I didn't at first.

Lastly, I'm 40yrs old...but feel ten years younger since I stopped smoking, and I don't stink, and it doesn't bother me to be around smokers. I have not had one laspe, or desire to smoke, since I started vaping. I love it. I truly do!

Building youe own coils takes this:

A multimeter. A good one. It will last you forever, and can be used for much more than just building coils. I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-115-Compact-True-RMS-Multimeter/dp/B000OCFFMW

This is also good and handy to have, but not as accurate:

http://www.madvapes.com/ohm-meter-kit.html

I use my multimeter to build the coil, and I use the ohm meter kit to check it occasionally once it's built.

Besides using E cig Forum as a guide, I watch PBusardo almost exclusively. He has a great website, and does tons of videos. With so much bullshit out there, he is a guy you can trust.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/

I don't get fancy with my coils...that's the reason I chose the KFL+. It works great on the most simple of coils. 28g Kanthal wire wrapped 10 times around a 1/16" drill bit gives me a 1.2-1.3 coil everytime. It's really about reading what works for other people once you decide what kind of RBA you want to get...then practicing with it.

Do you have a RBA in mind your interested in?

Are you on E Cig Forum? I'm BadTrainDriver over there too, fyi.

Oh duh. You can rebuild any atty as long as the coil is accessable. I rock the protank 3 which is dual coil, not sure if they are in series or parallel but I haven't had to rebuild any. I just burn em off when they start to taste funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so... I don't know shit about these... I have an ego twist, and a generic bottom feed tank... How do you know when a coil needs replaced? I don't even know what the coil is, can someone show me?

Ordered some juice from Halo today... Awesome reviews, anyone tried it? Here's a pic of my setup if anyone could help with the coil question... I've never replaced or rebuilt anything, usually the cheap cartridges I use leak or break before anything goes bad, but this one I paid a little extra for a it's holding up well, just not sure what maintenance they require

20140219_172522_zps0hmwdpx1.jpg20140219_172151_zpsrdh0wkli.jpg

Is this the coil?

20140219_172428_zpsjzaovhcj.jpg

Mine tastes burnt if I accidentally click the button without inhaling... So, once it makes that taste regularly or stops making vapor just replace it? I know they sell these at the smoke shop by me... Thanks for the clarity... I don't use mine often, like maybe 100 hits a day on a good day, maybe less... Maybe that's why I haven't noticed it needing replaced yet

I found vapage.com online. Really like their classic tobacco juice and their tanks and atomizers. Got the Crystal XL. Holda like a gallon of juice, dual coil atomizer that seems to last forever and makes tons of smoke. Zero leaks or problems.