Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon, pics

vw151

Hey all, a buddy and I have been riding since Wednesday. We hit tail of the dragon and many of the surrounding roads. We are now in Charlotte. Just thought I'd share some pics. I'll get some video and better stuff up when I get back. If you guys are in Southeast OH tomorrow I might see you on my way home.

moritz and I in foothills parkway.

Picture013.jpg

helmet on the skyway.

Picture071.jpg

Virginia!?!?

Picture031.jpg

Moritz and I at some truck stop

Picture015.jpg

some bikes at the look out part of tail of the dragon

Picture020.jpg

So we were riding along on 129 by the lake. Since we were on the back side of the tail of the dragon

we didn't even realize we were on it yet. No less, a tree had fallen due to a fire

that started from a bike wreck the day before. We waited 20 minutes for the rangers to clear the tree and were on our way.

Picture033.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture025-2.jpg

Picture024-2.jpg

Picture026-2.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Deals gap resort and some race bikes

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture019.jpg

the duc at tail of the dragon

Picture023.jpg

duc and aprilia at deals gap resort

Picture025-1.jpg

What chicken stripe?

Picture029.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Tree of shame

Picture048.jpg

More Resort pics

me sitting on the bike in the foothills parkway

P1010066.jpg

skyway

Picture066.jpg

got bugs?

Picture001.jpg

when I started.

Picture011.jpg

pretty pic

Picture018.jpg

Did ya hear what started the fire? Some 'tard on a Gixxer crashed and it caught fire, resulting in the dry woods catching. Amazing.

That is exactly what I heard. I also heard he or she was ok so that is good and that it was a brand new gixxer. Woops!!!

That is exactly what I heard. I also heard he or she was ok so that is good and that it was a brand new gixxer. Woops!!!

Now watch the fire departemnt charge him/her for all of the time and equipment they used to put out the fire.:D

awesome pics man! love to see someone else strapping a whole load of shit to the back of their bikes other than me. did you stay overnight somewhere where you could drop all the gear off and really have at it? hows the cop situation? i know last year it was all sorts of hell with the TN or SC PDs or something...

awesome pics man! love to see someone else strapping a whole load of shit to the back of their bikes other than me. did you stay overnight somewhere where you could drop all the gear off and really have at it? hows the cop situation? i know last year it was all sorts of hell with the TN or SC PDs or something...

We stayed in hotels several nights. I rode light Thursday but the rest of the time I had my stuff strapped on because we were on the way to somewhere all of the other times. Too bad too cause I got a lot more time in at the deals gap area Friday. The police were not a problem but it was weekday afternoons so I think that helped.

What do you strap a bunch of crap too? Pictures?

I made a gif or two of the proofs. You can see me getting my swerve on with crap strapped to my bike. I think I'll order a few of these zeephoto and killboy pics. Cool business model.

killboy.gif

zeephoto.gif

That Dic monster looks tiny. Looks like it handled pretty damn good though. Nice pics man.

I'm 6'3" I can make most sport bikes look pretty small.

The bike handled like it was designed with those corners in mind. I felt so at home on those roads that I'm sad to be back home a little :(