Midohio

rusty

bumping down never hurt anyone.. I've done it in the past when I was a newer int rider.. and I did it as a new advanced rider a few years back when I had yet to run advanced at the other track.. (ended up being bumped without asking..)
 no one is out there to get on ya for dropping down one to be safe and learn more.. if they do.. fug em.. they aren't the people you want around..(razzing is the exception you sandbaggers)

hell the wife dropped down 1 group when she bought the newer cbr just to shake it down and feel it out.. she was back in her normal group a few sessions later after talking to a coach (we are here to help!)

we're all out there to learn and have fun.. and its very hard to do both when your in a group or track that your not ready for or accustomed too!

I did my first one, on the last one of the season in October. ...every one is soooo helpful! Great group of people! The weather was a little crappy, cold and wet, but it was a blast!!! I am so looking forward to going back and being on warm pavement.

• Upvote 1

Makes sense.

I'll probably learn more about the track running a slower pace for a few sessions,plus I'll have no clue how the SV will handle.

Probably a good idea. Especially with a new bike and early in the season. At Jennings your first time there, they make you do one session in novice no matter what. You get to practice pit in and pit out and get used to the layout.

The track is slippery enough in the first 2 sessions that everyone takes it easy for awhile. 

I honestly like the Monday/Tuesday track days there. I get a decent amount of vacation so its nice to just head to the track on a whim and im normally back home and unpacked by 730. 

I hope to hit up a few days there this year and really hope to make it to the wera races.

I need to read up about WERA rules, but yeah....count me in for races at Mid-O.

We need to plan out a OR day Mid-O....would be cool to get to know some more screen names in person.  Maybe even get some street guys out to the track.

Maybe even get some street guys out to the track.

I will be there this year...picked up a GSX-R600 just for the purpose of Track Days.  Too much talking about it...need to commit and do a few this season, 11 years off the track is too long!

DPG.

Yep, I've weather watched and signed up the day before using the gift certs; hasn't been a late registration penalty applied.

Dave, your going to get hooked! 

Thanks for posting up the code....after I hear back how many I still have from last year, I'll be picking up a few more.

What kind of bikes are y'all planning to take to the track? Especially those of you doing the Novice class?

I have coached Full sized BMW baggers, Ninga 250s, Ducati 1098s, 600s, FZ-6s, etc.

I have even seen Victory 8 ball cruisers out on track days.

Run what you brung!!! :)

Just read the proper prep work required.

^ what he said..  there are  some clearance issues with certain bikes when in doubt call the school and ask..   but I've had the same experiences..  from  councours 14's (hard bags removed)  to motards... we welcome most (say most due to some restrictions on bikes)

if your bike has a center stand that has to come off

Very nice, I'll probably bring my DL650 then.

Hell yes, and you won't regret it - more fun than street riding ANYWHERE imo, controlled environment, prepped surfaces, the only speed limit is set by your comfort level, and medical on site just in case....you'll likely find it as addictive as the rest of us

it isn't addictive....I just choose not to stop :ghostrider:

forreal though, the track removes a lot of the "what ifs" that can happen on the street; it enables greater focus on your riding.

:crytroll: it's still winter

• Upvote 1

Great!  Bought 2 days...the discount code worked.  Probably do 2 days at Nelsons also.

DPG.

You're putting ideas in my head Dave. I just ordered 2 days of certs for mid ohio + a new set of Q3s for the CBR.  Thanks for the code Habi.  It will be nice to check the weather before signing up. No more rainy days there for me.