Midohio

rusty

Yeah Jim, gotta take the plunge this year...maybe we can coordinate our days, but I will definitely be starting in Novice - new to me motorcycle, never rode Mid-Ohio track, and first Track Day in 11 years = Novice!

DPG.

Yeah Jim, gotta take the plunge this year...maybe we can coordinate our days, but I will definitely be starting in Novice - new to me motorcycle, never rode Mid-Ohio track, and first Track Day in 11 years = Novice!

DPG.

Sounds like a good plan.

I've been busy building some new motors.....can't wait to test them out and get them dialed in before the Wera/Mid-O races start.

It would also be nice to see some fast motard's out there......where are all those Ducati and KTM motard's at.....???? or maybe even a V-storm.......LOL

Come-on spring..........

Thanks for the code, looks like I'll end up picking up a day or two. I hope to see a thread pop up this spring so a group of us can go. I'll be starting in the N group as well. Dave, you are gonna get bumped after a session lol.

Hey Tim, good to see that you will be heading down to Mid Ohio this year!  To be honest, not in a hurry to get bumped...it will be good to get some instruction and time to learn the track.  If I stay in Novice all day, I will be cool with that.

Hey Tim, good to see that you will be heading down to Mid Ohio this year!  To be honest, not in a hurry to get bumped...it will be good to get some instruction and time to learn the track.  If I stay in Novice all day, I will be cool with that.

Yup, I get paid at the end of this week and plan on picking up at least 1 cert to force me into making the commitment. I'll have to keep an eye out on when you guys are going so I can try and make it to the same day. The more the merrier, although I plan on being a sponge so I may not be as talkative haha. Still nice to have that OR moral support!

Getting bumped early from Novice somewhat defeats the purpose. Novice is a step by step process up to the last two sessions where you get to go on your own. The first couple sessions help coaches to get you in the right sub group within Novice and then work on skills the next couple. Finally you have a lead follow session to get a last look at your lines and BP before having open track the last 2 sessions. If you need Novice and start in Novice finish the day in it instead of bumping early. 

• Upvote 2

Getting bumped early from Novice somewhat defeats the purpose. Novice is a step by step process up to the last two sessions where you get to go on your own. The first couple sessions help coaches to get you in the right sub group within Novice and then work on skills the next couple. Finally you have a lead follow session to get a last look at your lines and BP before having open track the last 2 sessions. If you need Novice and start in Novice finish the day in it instead of bumping early. 

Exactly what I was thinking...the instruction and follow thru will be beneficial.

Discount is available using code 25riding15. Enjoy!! I'm going to pick up a few.

I got mine!  Can't wait for summer!

As noted in an earlier post, the code may expire at the end of the month,  I'm not 100% sure.  Don't procrastinate!

Edited by F4iguy

Not in a hurry to get bumped either. I look forward to the learning experience.

So glad to see this mentality.. learning at a slower pace far outweighs the "almighty" bump that people desire for bragging rights.

This is why I prefer to ride with guys from this forum as opposed to my own friends as bad as that sounds. You guys have experience that you share (I've learned a lot from you guys) and level heads, everyone else my age seems to just want to do whoolies and go a million miles an hour.

I agree with all of the above.. tho.. my whoolie days are very very few and far between.. its only on the gas now and mostly unintentional..

back to the quote though...  it is  crucial that you find good people to ride with and learn from while being on your own is ok... you will never know what bad habit you might have started or picked up... and it could be something that would cause issues later on.. BP/ how to brake or maneuver  so we always fine  close people to ride with and  enjoy the sport..  this doesn't always work out.. asshat riders influence more asshat riders.. likewise  levelheaded riders do the same

I agree with all of the above.. tho.. my whoolie days are very very few and far between.. its only on the gas now and mostly unintentional..

back to the quote though...  it is  crucial that you find good people to ride with and learn from while being on your own is ok... you will never know what bad habit you might have started or picked up... and it could be something that would cause issues later on.. BP/ how to brake or maneuver  so we always fine  close people to ride with and  enjoy the sport..  this doesn't always work out.. asshat riders influence more asshat riders.. likewise  levelheaded riders do the same

Agreed, and I am definitely looking forward to meeting some of you guys that don't ride with us on the street that often.

I've also accepted that I will most likely learn more in one track day than I have in 10 years of riding lol. Spring can't come soon enough.

• Upvote 1