Sunday 4/12 Dewinterization Ride Central Ohio to Southern Ohio

Blitz

Planning to put some miles in Sunday.

Route and meeting place to be determined, but I'm either going to ride down and hit 78 and 669 in McConnelsville area, or I'll ride further South and go towards the river and Marietta.

Post up if you're looking to ride and we'll come up with a meeting spot, and official route.

I'm thinking somewhere along 70 would be good for Central Ohio guys.

I'll be out Sunday,but it's going to be a long ride,I'm heading down to Lawrence county to scout some roads for our upcoming FJR Ramble.It's probably going to be 5-6 hours from Zanesville.If your interested I can post the route I'll be taking.

Drc32-0 let me know when that is. You'll be in my backyard. If I didn't have to work Sunday I would tag along. Last I was out the roads were good. The west side of 217 got fresh pavement last season. Spots of 141 are rough. It got rougher around 233 if I remember right. 650 and 93 is spotty.

I'll be out Sunday,but it's going to be a long ride,I'm heading down to Lawrence county to scout some roads for our upcoming FJR Ramble.It's probably going to be 5-6 hours from Zanesville.If your interested I can post the route I'll be taking.

Are you talking about the Ramble at Mineral Wells, WV April 31-May 3?

Drc32-0 let me know when that is. You'll be in my backyard. If I didn't have to work Sunday I would tag along. Last I was out the roads were good. The west side of 217 got fresh pavement last season. Spots of 141 are rough. It got rougher around 233 if I remember right. 650 and 93 is spotty.

If I'm by myself I'll leave around 9:00 so I should be down there around 11:00.I'll be running my usual route in that area...141>775>Hannan Trace>790>775>141>217 all the way to 7 turn around and head up 218 to Gallipolis .I really like that section of 217 between 218 and 7...I hope the winter wasn't to hard on it.

Was driving through Hocking Hills today with the wife and daughter . Some gravel , some rough spots . I recommend you avoid 56 between 374 and 93. That section needs resurfaced badly.

And watch out for delirious naked children walking down the middle of the road on 93... No I'm not making that shit up. What has been seen cannot be unseen .

Thanks for the heads up John! I always appreciate a "delirious naked children" warning.

For everyone else, there's a group of us that will be at the Speedway in Nelsonville around 1pm, give or take.

• Upvote 1

Was driving through Hocking Hills today with the wife and daughter . Some gravel , some rough spots . I recommend you avoid 56 between 374 and 93. That section needs resurfaced badly.

And watch out for delirious naked children walking down the middle of the road on 93... No I'm not making that shit up. What has been seen cannot be unseen .

Weird. I didn't see this post. Then today I'm headed east and take 374 off 56 on a whim. Had meant to go further but something told me "hey, haven't done 374 in a while. Go there."

Thanks for the telepathic warning.

Anyhoo, great day for a ride. Short though it was.

Edited by DAC