Need new underwear.

Tonik

Slid the front tire Sunday on West Boston Mills Rd in the Valley. First time I have done it on this bike, it was exciting to say the least. Did it right, no sudden moves and slight throttle on. Went back and stopped and looked because as I entered I didn't see any gravel or crap....and when I stopped I still didn't see anything...but the road was super porous so I have to assume that is what did it...smaller contact patch...... 

yikes.  I assume you weren't exactly "pushing it" on the Vulcan, right?

I know that road relatively well.  It's part of my typical close-to-home ride, and then I take 77 back up to 480 and head home when I get bored of riding South on Boston Mills.  Pretty scenery.

yikes.  I assume you weren't exactly "pushing it" on the Vulcan, right?

I know that road relatively well.  It's part of my typical close-to-home ride, and then I take 77 back up to 480 and head home when I get bored of riding South on Boston Mills.  Pretty scenery.

I was hustling but certainly not pushing it. Not even close to scraping the pegs which I do regularly. Terrible timing, I need to get the edge back before Friday's Dragon run.

Terrible timing, I need to get the edge back before Friday's Dragon run.

I hate that, took me months to get my nerve back after i hit that dog with my TL. Not really sure i even have it all back even today, a few years later.

I hate that, took me months to get my nerve back after i hit that dog with my TL. Not really sure i even have it all back even today, a few years later.

I know I toot the mini racing horn too loudly and too often, but I had two BIG moments on Sunday and was back at an aggressive pace 3 turns later.  The stakes are just so much lower when you're never breaking 50 mph and the bike weighs less than you do. 

My goal is to get to a point where such incidents are just business as usual and I'm surprised when I don't save it, rather than being surprised when I do. 

ride the couches down to check out a race round, or plan a weekend camp & ride trip when the club is at PIRC in June.   I would bet there are some good curvy roads in and around Wampum, PA.