Scooterific River Run Part Deux May 2 2015

Uncle Punk

It has been long enough since the last one to try this again. It will be changed up a bit this time as 555 will be the only road on the route. There will also be a planned lunch break.

Meeting in Zanesville at 11:00, ride down 555 to the river, get gas, get something to eat, ride back up 555 to the original meeting spot. The end.

Currently there are two of us committed to this, Turnone and I. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

This is coming up again because Turnone thinks it's a good idea to ride around lake Erie and I'm hoping to prove to him just how all kinda wrong he is.

Did I mention that this is for scooters. If you want to join riding something else feel free but expect much frustration waiting for us on our scooters.

Ride starts at 11:00AM Saturday May 2, 2015 from, 214 Underwood Street, Zanesville, OH 43701

Gas stop at, 15 Arrowhead Road, Little Hocking, OH 45742

Lunch stop, Hardee's, 1801 Washington Boulevard, Belpre, OH 45714

Here is a thread from the last time we did this. If you read this thread you will know why it's been so long since it's been attempted again and why it's been made shorter.

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/72826-scooterific-river-run-june-5th-2011/?hl=scooterific

Edited by Uncle Punk

You have an excuse for everything. Your stupid cruiser is slow enough to keep up with the scooters. We are meeting late enough in the day that it won't be too cold to ride.

The kids are a legitimate excuse though but they have got to be old enough to take care of themselves for a day by now.

My cruiser will stomp your scooter any day of the week. That's not an issue and not up for debate. What's also not up for debate is me missing my kids run in the Avon Reynolds relays on Saturday. I can always find another day to ride, but I can't replace being there for my kids when I know they're looking in the crowd for their father.

Another day.

Edited by InyaAzz

some of you scooter-less plebs can rent my zuma 125 and grom 125 for just $500 for the day. you provide proof of insurance. i won't be around when this tom foolery goes down, and i just plain have better things to do even if i WAS in town, jerks!

Okay, I'm back......sorry I missed ya two tall....ya shoulda went!

Icing my right knee.....cruiser leaning and pavement took my foot off the peg....left side had the decency to scrape the "curb feeler" on the end of the foot peg....Time for a new pair of boots....heels wore down from scraping pavement....fwd controls....I feel like I am walking up hill in these boots now.

When can we do this again?

Okay, I'm back......sorry I missed ya two tall....ya shoulda went!

That's cool I was just out tearing up and grinding the floor boards down on the wifes Vstar on 520 with Tonik. And just checked to see if you were home to say hey didn't make a special trip or anything.

Made it successfully down and back.  555 has quite a bit of gravel.  No crashes.  The real goal was to force UP to ride the LEL with me and I did it.

Found out my scooter doesn't get that good of fuel economy at wide open throttle.

Biggie