Daytona Triumph crash in front of me.

DerekClouser

I'm assuming the deep lean angle with his body position directly over the center of the bike, and a small anything in his path could be why he lowsided. Especially if his tires were at a higher pressure, around 40ish pounds, would shrink the footprint enough. It's definitely a combination of things all at the wrong time made it happen. Glad he was ok, and hopefully the bike isn't done in

Eh, I disagree. I think most riders can break down their own crashes and learn from them without others making fun of them. Even some riders, who don't want to take responsibility for their own crashes and try to blame other factors, can at least internally know where they f'ed up.

This crash had a multitude of factors that all added up to a crash. I think the most important lesson from this crash is that their is a time and place for fun and then their are areas you need to be much more cautious. For the area, he should have been a bit more cautious.

Either way, I'm just glad the rider is okay and the bike can be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's agree to disagree. I don't have that faith in people like you do. Hell 99% of riders always blame the cager in an accident. Thats not true every time is it? Probably not even half the time honestly. A lot of people on bikes put themselves in a situation where if they were obeying the laws...the car wouldn't have been an issue. Without the cars.... Almost every time a rider does crash the riders blame tires, road conditions, weather, etc....instead of just owning up to their own riding mistakes. Hell even the professionals do it. Videos prove it to em no matter how much they can think otherwise. It helps us all learn from everyone's mistakes not just our own. As for the ridicule thing I was just making a light hearted situation out of a simple mistake. Its always funny once ya know everyone came out OK in the end.

• 2 months later...

Eh, I disagree. I think most riders can break down their own crashes and learn from them without others making fun of them. Even some riders, who don't want to take responsibility for their own crashes and try to blame other factors, can at least internally know where they f'ed up.

This crash had a multitude of factors that all added up to a crash. I think the most important lesson from this crash is that their is a time and place for fun and then their are areas you need to be much more cautious. For the area, he should have been a bit more cautious.

Either way, I'm just glad the rider is okay and the bike can be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that if the rider doesn't know what they are doing, they cannot learn from mistakes...  The issue is that it was a very slow speed loss and they simply trailed the brakes or maybe panicked (more likely) as they thought they were in too deep and grabbed the brake.  It doesn't take but a feather touch to cause the front to load and then lose it...