Indianapolis MotoGP weekend of Aug 9 2015

jbot

• 2 weeks later...

alright kids, looks like myself, trmn8tr or whatever his name is on here, and rvtpilot are in for sure, with some minor details like wives and transportation being worked out

a room at candlewood suites is booked (somewhere between the track and the city) from thurs through sun.  we plan to get there thurs night, and leave right after the races sunday.

if you guys want to get together somewhere in the city, let us know.  we're planning on throwing our favorite ginger trmn8tr a little pre-official bachelor's party bachelor's party on friday night, so if you're interested and you're cool enough, you should join in.  i'm not sure what all we're going to do just yet, but helpful suggestions are always appreciated.

a room at candlewood suites is booked (somewhere between the track and the city) 

This is where I stayed last year, nice place...basically an apartment and pretty central to downtown and the track. 

alright kids, looks like myself, trmn8tr or whatever his name is on here, and rvtpilot are in for sure, with some minor details like wives and transportation being worked out

a room at candlewood suites is booked (somewhere between the track and the city) from thurs through sun. we plan to get there thurs night, and leave right after the races sunday.

if you guys want to get together somewhere in the city, let us know. we're planning on throwing our favorite ginger trmn8tr a little pre-official bachelor's party bachelor's party on friday night, so if you're interested and you're cool enough, you should join in. i'm not sure what all we're going to do just yet, but helpful suggestions are always appreciated.

Excellent.

a room at candlewood suites is booked (somewhere between the track and the city) from thurs through sun.  we plan to get there thurs night, and leave right after the races sunday.

if you guys want to get together somewhere in the city, let us know.  we're planning on throwing our favorite ginger trmn8tr a little pre-official bachelor's party bachelor's party on friday night, so if you're interested and you're cool enough, you should join in.  i'm not sure what all we're going to do just yet, but helpful suggestions are always appreciated.

Sounds like a plan. I'd recommend getting a count of who will be attending a getting a reservation set because restaurants fill quickly. I would personally recommend Rock Bottom Brewery. Good beer and great food. I also recommend Cafe Patachou for breakfast.

Sounds like a plan. I'd recommend getting a count of who will be attending a getting a reservation set because restaurants fill quickly. I would personally recommend Rock Bottom Brewery. Good beer and great food. I also recommend Cafe Patachou for breakfast.

+1 for Rock Bottom. I really like that place. Unfortunately, I probably won't be in Indy until Friday night around 7p or 8p. Hopefully it's a late dinner. :)

At this point I'm 99% sure I will be at the race this year. I'm still trying to decide if I want to camp or grab a hotel room somewhere... Indy can get kind of pricy downtown and I'm not sure if I want to drop $700+ on a hotel room just for myself for the weekend. JW is fully booked already, Crowne Plaza has rooms available starting at $350/night ($200/night normally...) so the KOA might be calling my name. 

Yes, I'm excited. 

I'm the ginger that probably most of you don't know. I guess this will be somewhat of a bachelor party sort of thing. Even though I don't know a lot of you, if you're cool enough to be coming out to MotoGP then I'd love to see you all at whatever shenanigans we get into. The more the merrier. 

• Upvote 2

good idea on restaurant reservations.  we'll have to start looking and seeing where we wanna go.  and scope out some gentlemen's clubs maybe.

I'll be there. With 3 or 4 other non members. We would be leaving Friday morning on the bikes. And usually hut downtown Saturday night but I'd be open to ditching the old farts in my group to meet up Friday night as well. However this year we might trailer the cb1 and hawk gt.

good idea on restaurant reservations.  we'll have to start looking and seeing where we wanna go.  and scope out some gentlemen's clubs maybe.

Gentlemens clubs or try to score some Red Bull girls or umbrella girls.... :)

Looking into tent camping this year, lot 2. My question is, do I still need to buy a parking pass or will the camping space qualify as my parking spot? Only bringing my truck and maybe the sumos. Not finding a straight answer on IMS site other than RV spaces allowing TV parking

I think it counts as your parking. If you go to buy your parking space, this is the info it says for Lot 2.

IMS%20copy_zpsjvbr8pdl.jpg

Thanks man, and I'd seen that as well but coined it an assumption. Once I get confirmation email back from IMS, I'll chime in for others to know as well

Got a response from IMS and it's good news...

"Jason,

The tent camping permit serves as a parking pass for the vehicle, so you do not need to purchase a car permit as well.

Thanks,

TICKET OFFICE 

INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY 

4790 West 16th St | Indianapolis, IN 46222

P 317-492-6700 | TF 800-822-4639"