Power Commander Tuning Issue

JustinNck1

Ok guys, I think I am stumped on this Power Commander. I have uploaded and downloaded many tunes with several different power commanders, but this one is throwing me a curve. First of all, this is a Power Commander 3 USB. I downloaded the correct map from their website, and when I went to send the map, I am prompted with an error messages stating my throttle columns do not match the columns on the PC and it wants to know if I want it to adjust the columns. If I hit no, the map does not send. If I hit yes, the map is sent be modified alot and it grays out the fuel at lower rpms. This is causing the bike not to idle. Below are some screen captures of what I am trying to explain. If any can explain what is causing this, or how I can fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

BEFORE SEND

BeforeUpload_zpssfer0kgc.png

AFTER SEND

AfterUpload_zpshymguq0o.png

What bike?  They show that same greyed out map for several models when the motorcycle is still running an O2 sensor.  It can't mess with the low end fuel map due to emissions restrictions and the fact that it will always be fighting the O2 sensor output to the stock ECU.  If you have already performed an O2 sensor delete on your bike you should be able to get a "race" map that gives control from zero throttle all the way up.

What bike?  They show that same greyed out map for several models when the motorcycle is still running an O2 sensor.  It can't mess with the low end fuel map due to emissions restrictions and the fact that it will always be fighting the O2 sensor output to the stock ECU.  If you have already performed an O2 sensor delete on your bike you should be able to get a "race" map that gives control from zero throttle all the way up.

99-01 Harley Touring. All the tunes on Power Commander's website have values for the greyed out region, but it changes them when sent.

So I talked to Power Commander, and since this is an EX model power commander, which is California legal, you cannot adjust anything in that rpm range.

So edit that section of the map to be zero?

No, they said in that rpm range that is grayed out, it uses the stock ecm tune.

You said when you send the map it won't idle.  Does it not idle if you disconnect the PC and run stock?

You said when you send the map it won't idle.  Does it not idle if you disconnect the PC and run stock?

From what I am told, no. The bike has a big bore kit, heads, agressive cam, open exhaust, and open air cleaner. I do not have the bike in my garage, I just offered to install some tunes for the guy. Go thing is he has a second power commander that is not an EX model, but I have to go to his place with the laptop (Older non-usb PCIII). IMO, I would have taken the bike to get dyno tuned with the amount of changes made. It's hard to find tunes with this many variables.

Yea, get the other one on, I bet you have to manually richen at least the low end....Then get it to Brian.

How the heck did he get all that work fine by a shop I assume and not have it running right.

Yea, get the other one on, I bet you have to manually richen at least the low end....Then get it to Brian.

How the heck did he get all that work fine by a shop I assume and not have it running right.

He did all the work himself, just ordered a 95 inch kit, heads, cam, cam plate, & oil pump. This harleys are actually pretty simple to work on  :D