Windows 10? Thoughts?

chevysoldier

upgrade from what? I'd trade win8 up faster than win 7.

Still prefer win7 to win10 with classic start menu.

The calculator app often closes itself when opened, its also ugly. I downloaded a classic calculator app.

Another plus for win7, it doesn't call every program an app. 

Also on principle the, "ALL settings" app has links to additional options and advanced settings in the control panel. Who the hell planned that out?

I was on Windows 7 Pro on my laptop. Upgraded last weekend. 10 has been fine since I ditched the tiles and Cortana. Seems slightly faster. Might pull out my old desktop in the closet and strip to down to a video editing machine now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My win10 wireless sometimes doesn't reconnect after coming out of sleep until I click the unconnected icon and it pops bunches of networks then a second later mine pops up and connects (set to auto auth/connect)

This isn't an upgrade install, it was a fresh 10 Tech preview with all updates.

The double lock screen feels a bit queer.

I do like how you can rapid fire crtl-alt-delete + Enter to lock, just like the Vista days. Win7 requires a pause in the middle

WIn7 laptop HDD is going out again though..

• 2 weeks later...
Computerworld  - ‎8 hours ago‎

Microsoft today said it will revamp the notification of a pending Windows 10 upgrade so that clicking the red "X" -- an action that for decades has been used to dismiss or ignore a dialog box -- will no longer be interpreted as authorizing the process ...

So it does, why not call the setting what it does though? Also, All my settings screens don't show a scrollbar until the mouse is over it and  "advanced options" is off screen at the bottom . know way of knowing there's any more to look at half the time. 

I'm going to swap my win7 HDD drive back in to compare. 

Why does my section (right) have a different heading?

15zXGIG.jpg

Edited by motocat12

I bought a new tower a couple months ago with 8.1 - hate it but getting used to it. But occasionally I get the Win10 pop up off and on and have been turning it down. Should I just bite the bullet and upgrade? 

20 hours ago, mello dude said:

I bought a new tower a couple months ago with 8.1 - hate it but getting used to it. But occasionally I get the Win10 pop up off and on and have been turning it down. Should I just bite the bullet and upgrade? 

Upgrade from 8.1?  ABSOLUTELY!  I pretty much skipped that POS called Windows 8!

I loaded 10 on my theater PC in the living room.  It works and it does everything I need it to for streaming music/movies on the network but there is nothing about it that makes me want to upgrade from Win7 on my main gaming machine. The funny part is that to me it is starting to look and feel like the skin I had on Ubuntu when I was trying that OS like 3 years ago.  I should have just kept Linux on the PC as that worked just as well and would have saved me the hassle of installing windows again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been getting regular updates then today I get a prompt to upgrade win10 to win10. This was a tech preview install I expected to be fully patched by now. I did switch off the fast track pre release builds after the "retail" release. I stopped paying attention to the build # when they stopped being watermarked on the desktop. (Old Hardware waiting for fixes related maybe?)

10versn.jpg

Edited by motocat12