Welp, sold my bike yesterday...

Josh1234

Yep, I let her go, for a variety of reasons.

It's now the fourth motorcycle I've bought, then re-sold for pofit :D  

I know there's something to be said for bike familiarity, but I kind of like the idea of buying a bike when I find a good deal, riding for free, and then selling for profit.  

Link here:  http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5012966591.html

I put that up May 6th as a half-assed post to see if anyone would bite.  Not a single reply!  Even one of the pictures is a re-post from the ad where I bought it, haha.  The second is from the gas station before I rode it home.  

Two days ago, I get a single bite... Guy asking if I'd take a diamond engagement ring in trade.  Ha, nope.

Then, yesterday, an email in broken English... Roberto, it turns out, was helping his friend buy a bike for his son.  The friend didn't speak English that well, so Roberto was acting as a translator.  They needed a bike before Sunday, when the son arrived, and I know an opportunity when I see one.  

Apparently, the son had a GSXR-750 for 5 days before hitting a deer on 271.  Loved riding.  They were discussing fixing it, but the dad and Roberto were apparently setting up lots of appointments to look at various bikes.  Roberto clearly chose me because of location... he lives about 5 minutes away.  I suggested a meeting that night, and he was all for it.  

The Ad was posted for $4,000, and after looking at the bike, Roberto asked me the lowest I could go. I should've said $3,750, but instead, I said $3,500.  He told me his friend had $3,000 in cash, and $300 more in an ATM they could run and get if I was willing. I agreed.  Done deal (assuming they don't call me back tomorrow wanting backsies! ;))

Anyway, now I can buy another bike and ride around until I sell THAT one... This was my second YZF-600, and I still think they're GREAT bikes... I wouldn't mind fuel-injected, though, one day.  I'm still not ready for anything bigger, in terms of weight OR horsepower, as it had more than enough get-up-and-go for me.  I still don't trust myself not to abuse greater power, if available.  After all, riding is all about managing risk, eh?

Anyway, I'll still be hanging around, and it's very likely not my last bike.  Off to browse bikes for sale...

Craigslist seems to be the way to go these days in terms of getting a bike for a good deal. Searchtempest is a great tool to use.

Various motorycle forums can have good deals too.

Good luck with your search!