Is this sound normal? [VIDEO]

Samcw

Video : https://youtu.be/s9D3Yo88jEg

Hey yall!

I haven't ridden in 4 years so I sort of forgot the nuances of the supersport soundtrack,

can anyone who knows bikes tell me if this sound is normal?

Referring to the "rumbling" sound accompanying engine braking that starts a bit after 0:32 mark, during the deceleration,

sound quality is a bit crap because it's recorded off my phone in my pocket but I think you can still hear it, just volume warning bc of wind @ start.

anyone who could help shed some insight i would be very thankful!! probably nothing, but I'm paranoid about babying this new girl, you know how it is!!

Edited by Samcw

throwing in a pic cause she's so purdy.

The sound goes away at idle, not present during acceleration or cruising far as I can tell, really just when I'm decelerating 

post-18141-0-13713500-1435430758_thumb.j

Edited by Samcw

I have never had that bike, but don't hear anything out of the ordinary. Wait for more asshats to express their opinion but I think you are fine.

thanks Tonik

I'm gonna take it to the mechanic soon to get a good dressing down anyway since I think it's a good idea to do it after purchasing a used bike... but didn't know if I should stop riding it until then...

Don't think I'd be able to stop even if I wanted to lol

been riding every day until the rain starts. can't wait for the damn rain to STOP

Edited by Samcw

Sam the only rumbling I hear is coming from your exhaust. Its a Honda and if I remember right it has super low miles (saw your c-list link in a different thread). You have nothing to worry about. I have owned multiple CBRs and never had any issues. I had one with over 30,000 miles and the only time I had it in to be serviced was to sync the carbs. Other than that I just kept the oil changed, chained lubed, and good tires on it. Its never a bad idea to have somebody look it over, but if it were mine I wouldn't. Go ride the thing and enjoy it is my suggestion. Good luck on the rain stopping. My yard is now a duck pond.